The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

QUB nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

I'm hopefully going in September too! I was curious as to what to do with accommodation as I'm really considering renting privately but not sure because halls seems to be too expensive for what it's offering and the way you have to notify queens 2 weeks before you want someone to stay up with you, I couldn't be bothered with that haha! What age are you?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by zaram081
I'm hopefully going in September too! I was curious as to what to do with accommodation as I'm really considering renting privately but not sure because halls seems to be too expensive for what it's offering and the way you have to notify queens 2 weeks before you want someone to stay up with you, I couldn't be bothered with that haha! What age are you?

I thought that halls looked cheap compared to private renting especially with everything included (bills etc) and I'm signed in for the year now anyway. I'm 18. You?
Hmm I'm not sure what to do haha, same here 18 ☺️
Original post by Roisin37
I thought that halls looked cheap compared to private renting especially with everything included (bills etc) and I'm signed in for the year now anyway. I'm 18. You?
Hi guys,
I am trying to set up a Facebook group/page so we can all communicate on there as it would be easier but it says i need to add one person to the group before i can create it. All i need is one email address to start the group then others can join i am going to call it "Queens nursing students September 2016" If someone could get back to me with their email address that would be great, you can message me them privately if you don't want to put it on the group.
Let me know
:smile:
Hi everyone,
I have set up a Facebook page so we can all communicate on there, its called "Queen's Belfast Nursing Students 2016". You can also find it through the following hashtags: #QUB #Nursing #Queens University Belfast #Nursing Degree #Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Get adding. Hope to hear from you all soon!
Roisin
Original post by zaram081

I privately rent with a friend which makes it way cheaper than living in halls! I'm only 10 mins on the train to botanic! I personally would recommend as long as you had someone to live with :smile:
Anyone doing mental health in September??
Original post by Janinejb
Anyone doing mental health in September??

I'm doing Adult Nursing. Will this be your first year?
I privately rent with a friend which makes it way cheaper than living in halls! I'm only 10 mins on the train to botanic! I personally would recommend as long as you had someone to live with :smile:

Do you have a house or flat? How much does it work out per month if you don't mind me asking? I'm coming from England so don't know anyone to share with so decided on Elms Village for the first year.
Do you have a house or flat? How much does it work out per month if you don't mind me asking? I'm coming from England so don't know anyone to share with so decided on Elms Village for the first year.

Sorry for hijacking but live in halls your first year and you'll make plenty of friends to potentially live with!
And I'm from England so if you need anything let me know! 😊
Original post by deviant182
Sorry for hijacking but live in halls your first year and you'll make plenty of friends to potentially live with!
And I'm from England so if you need anything let me know! 😊

Whereabouts in England are you from? I live in Stockport just south of Manchester.
I'm booked into Elms Village for the first year. Does it work out much cheaper to rent privately? What are rental prices like?
I've just had my sfe loan approved today. Thanks for your help and advice on that and you were right, it took about a thousand phone calls ! Roisin.
Whereabouts in England are you from? I live in Stockport just south of Manchester.
I'm booked into Elms Village for the first year. Does it work out much cheaper to rent privately? What are rental prices like?
I've just had my sfe loan approved today. Thanks for your help and advice on that and you were right, it took about a thousand phone calls ! Roisin.

I'm from Newcastle 😊
Private rent you're looking between 200-40p per month for a room. Depends on where in Belfast & how many in the house altogether. But average is around 230-260 usually.
Yes it took me many phone calls but you get there eventually!
It's a bit of a change moving here, including shopping and drinking hours but you'll enjoy it!

I live in a house and sharing with a friend I only pay £250 a month for rent then say another £40 each for the Internet and electric and gas! We continually top up the gas so there's plenty for winter and the electric uses about £15-£20 a month so altogether £290 a month each which works out a lot cheaper than halls, but if you're from England you've probably made the best decision to go with halls to make friends!
I'm doing Adult Nursing. Will this be your first year?

Yeah only starting in September! Is it your first year as well?
I can't wait I'm very exited, hope all goes well on results day 👍🏻
Yeah only starting in September! Is it your first year as well?

Yeah it's my first year too, start in September
Has anyone been for their health check yet? Just wondering how long I will be there for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 357
Does anyone know if there is a possibility of pushing forward my start date? I received unconditional offers for both september and february intakes but chose february due to other commitments which no longer require my participation. With results day this thursday and the unfortunate reality that some people will be unable to take up their positions, I was thinking of contacting the admissions department directly, explaining the situation and hopefully fill one of the spaces which isn't being used. Is this unheard of or could it be possible?
Original post by Emm1234
Does anyone know if there is a possibility of pushing forward my start date? I received unconditional offers for both september and february intakes but chose february due to other commitments which no longer require my participation. With results day this thursday and the unfortunate reality that some people will be unable to take up their positions, I was thinking of contacting the admissions department directly, explaining the situation and hopefully fill one of the spaces which isn't being used. Is this unheard of or could it be possible?

You can certainly let them know but there is no guarantee that you would now be given a September start date.
Let them know and they will have you considered as there will be people that choose another university and others that are unable to commence their course for one reason or another.
Reply 359
Original post by deviant182
You can certainly let them know but there is no guarantee that you would now be given a September start date.
Let them know and they will have you considered as there will be people that choose another university and others that are unable to commence their course for one reason or another.

Who do you think is best to contact and how should I? I imagine admissions deal with this type of thing so I was considering ringing them on the morning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending