The Student Room Group

Dentistry 2023 Entry - Reapplicants' Thread

Welcome to the dentistry 2023 reapplicants' thread, specifically for candidates who are reapplying and want to chat and moan about the process with other fellow reapplicants.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2023 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2023 Entry Applicants’ Thread - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Best wishes to the reapplicants.

Remember that having a productive gap year can really help to improve your application for next year!

Good luck :smile:
In my interview they didn't even ask me about my work experience (I had one week NHS clinic), so I'm wondering in what ways a gap year will help? I've come to the conclusion that they must be looking for something quite specific in the interview, and until I know what that is I'm not really hopeful 😢
Also is there a list or thread of universities that show where we can reapply to?
Original post by dejectedreject
Also is there a list or thread of universities that show where we can reapply to?

I think most dental schools accept reapplications. QUB doesn't accept reapplications if you didn't apply there in the first cycle.
Original post by hungrysalamander
I think most dental schools accept reapplications. QUB doesn't accept reapplications if you didn't apply there in the first cycle.

What does 'first' cycle mean? The previous one?
On Liverpool's website they've said they allowed reapplications for those first applying in 2021, but nothing about this year. I couldn't find anything on the QMUL website. It's really important to know these things, obviously you don't want to waste a choice on one that won't even consider you. I suppose I should email all of my new choices just to be sure.
On Liverpool's website they've said they allowed reapplications for those first applying in 2021, but nothing about this year. I couldn't find anything on the QMUL website. It's really important to know these things, obviously you don't want to waste a choice on one that won't even consider you. I suppose I should email all of my new choices just to be sure.

So you can only reapply to QUB for 2023 entry if you applied there for 2022 entry and 2022 entry was your first application.
@hungry salamander thanks for that.
How many years post A levels will universities accept your results for?
Reply 9

I emailed Liverpool and they said they aren’t allowing us to reapply if rejected post-interview
Does anyone know if UCLan allow for re-applicants following rejection post-interview?

Fr?? That's a bummer i really wanted to change one of my choices strategically to QUB since my strongest aspect is my academic profile I.e. my GCSEs and A level obtained grades and since they work based of a point grading system it'd be ideal for me since I'm not really a strong UCAT person. I'm currently wait - listed for my last dentistry option for 2022 but ofc I may have to re-apply for the 2023 entry so finding this out now is a bit saddening.
i got rejected this year and feel as though i might have to resit one of my a levels, do universities allow resits for one subject at a level?
Original post by rashidschlad
i got rejected this year and feel as though i might have to resit one of my a levels, do universities allow resits for one subject at a level?

Yes but not all unis you’ll have to research which ones allow resits and which ones do not so far I know Leeds do!
Does anyone know which one of the London universities is most likely to give an offer? Which one has the best applicant to offer ratio?
Does anyone know which one of the London universities is most likely to give an offer? Which one has the best applicant to offer ratio?

I would suggest you have a look at medic mind website. There is a comparison tool there where you can compare different dental schools you are considering applying for, although lots of information is based on pre Covid data.
hi guys, those who are reapplying for 2023 entry, what are u guys planning to do in your gap years?? im so conflicted as to what would be worth my time the most.
Original post by sanchi111
hi guys, those who are reapplying for 2023 entry, what are u guys planning to do in your gap years?? im so conflicted as to what would be worth my time the most.

same i have been thinking about this but other than focusing on ucat bmat , i definitely looking to get a job and just develop some more social skills and money ahaha
Original post by sanchi111

Dental nursing
Dental nursing

this sounds interesting could you elaborate more please?

Quick Reply

Latest