The Student Room Group

Cambridge offers

Hi all,
Regarding offers for cambridge my first interview went very badly and I felt like I was getting all of the questions wrong and kept changing my mind because I didn't understand the questions. My second interview went much better and I enjoyed the conversation. My exam was alright as well, it wasn't amazing but it wasn't as bad as the first interview. Obviously I know it's quite hard to tell at this stage but what do you think my chances are of getting in? I don't really expect to get in because it's virtually impossible and I doubt I'm good enough, but just so I'm prepared for next week
Reply 1
i don't know as i am not there yet but all i know is nothing is impossible!!
Reply 2
Original post by Melissa C
Hi all,
Regarding offers for cambridge my first interview went very badly and I felt like I was getting all of the questions wrong and kept changing my mind because I didn't understand the questions. My second interview went much better and I enjoyed the conversation. My exam was alright as well, it wasn't amazing but it wasn't as bad as the first interview. Obviously I know it's quite hard to tell at this stage but what do you think my chances are of getting in? I don't really expect to get in because it's virtually impossible and I doubt I'm good enough, but just so I'm prepared for next week

The interview is just one part of your application. And successful candidates often think they went badly.

Good luck on the 12th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
The interview is just one part of your application. And successful candidates often think they went badly.

Good luck on the 12th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

THis was my daughter's experience, feeling that she had failed an interview. It was one of the many times we lost hope, then she got the offer.
Expect the worst, Hope for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hi all,

As it has already been said, try to make yourself comfortable with the idea that it is possible to not to get in. However, I wish you all the best and an offer letter definitely But for the record (of course it is impossible to say how your situation is similar), last year I had one terrible interview (I went out almost crying because everything started with two very judgmental faces, several claims during the interview that "I should know that if I want to study this subject" and no time to finish the problem). Second one was definitely better (the same was stated in my feedback, too) and I gave right answers, just rather short ones. I was pooled and unsuccesful. Definitely it can be nothing similar, the college might be different and so on, I'm just sharing my experience which was not a lucky one, sadly.
Reply 6
Just to add to my earlier post, we really can't make any significant comment on your application without knowing a lot more about the other aspects of it, especially your academic performance (UMS, etc). Eg a slightly weaker interview (assuming it actually was weak in the interviewers' opinion not just yours :wink: ) can be more than offset by good academics. Especially if you have stronger UMS in the subject at hand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by physicsmaths
Expect the worst, Hope for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Deep
Original post by BBeyond
Deep

I knwww. Gl for tmmrw btw Hope you get into selwinez

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by physicsmaths
I knwww. Gl for tmmrw btw Hope you get into selwinez

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers bro, gl on Tuesday :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by Ayetsua
As it has already been said, try to make yourself comfortable with the idea that it is possible to not to get in. However, I wish you all the best and an offer letter definitely But for the record (of course it is impossible to say how your situation is similar), last year I had one terrible interview (I went out almost crying because everything started with two very judgmental faces, several claims during the interview that "I should know that if I want to study this subject" and no time to finish the problem). Second one was definitely better (the same was stated in my feedback, too) and I gave right answers, just rather short ones. I was pooled and unsuccesful. Definitely it can be nothing similar, the college might be different and so on, I'm just sharing my experience which was not a lucky one, sadly.

Oh god I'm sorry!! thank you i'll definitely take it into account. Did they give you feedback??
Reply 11
Oh god I'm sorry!! thank you i'll definitely take it into account. Did they give you feedback??

Thank you, I'm reapplying though, at least interviews were very calm and nice this time :smile: Yes, the feedback told something like that: "grades of applicants are higher than usual this year<...>you were slow to grasp concepts <...> struggled with some differentiation<...>you did well on giving comprehensive yet succinct answers".
Reply 12
Original post by Ayetsua
Thank you, I'm reapplying though, at least interviews were very calm and nice this time :smile: Yes, the feedback told something like that: "grades of applicants are higher than usual this year<...>you were slow to grasp concepts <...> struggled with some differentiation<...>you did well on giving comprehensive yet succinct answers".

good luck!!! I really hope you get in and bloody hell that's harsh, at least it helped this time though xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending