The Student Room Group

Does Cambridge University accept resits?

So I have an offer for Cambridge but these a levels have gone so badly so I'm almost guaranteed to miss my offer at this point. I was wondering if I were to take a gap year to resit the subjects I do badly in and reapply to Cambridge would there still be a chance I could get another offer?
(edited 1 year ago)
well what course and what a levels have you taken? also what are your predicted grades and what grades do you think you’ve achieved for the exams? did you revise throughout the two years or did you just panic in the exams?

this is what I found online:
Almost all universities (including Oxford and Cambridge) officially accept exam resits, meaning that you won't be barred from applying. However, resits will be taken into account and may affect your chances of receiving an offer.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
You’d have to probably give a reason on why you couldn’t get the grades first time round. You should probably call up Cambridge and ask about your query.
Original post by _joe_12
So I have an offer for Cambridge but these a levels have gone so badly so I'm almost guaranteed to miss my offer at this point. I was wondering if I were to take a gap year to resit the subjects I do badly in and reapply to Cambridge would there still be a chance I could get another offer?

Yes, but you should consider:
1. Why are you doing badly? Unless you have a good reason Cambridge won't look kindly on resits, and you might not perform well at Cambridge if A levels are causing difficulties.
2. What will you do? Taking a gap year has to be productive if you're applying to Cambridge.
Reply 4
Any updates
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Any updates

From whom? This thread is a year old and the OP hasn't posted on TSR since they started this discussion :smile:
Any updates

I’m his gf stalking his old tsr posts lol. He got into Cambridge and got all A*s. What a drama queen 😂
Reply 7
I’m his gf stalking his old tsr posts lol. He got into Cambridge and got all A*s. What a drama queen 😂

Omg r u fr 😭
Original post by lamia_bts
Omg r u fr 😭

Yes I swear 😭😭
Reply 9
Yes I swear 😭😭

For what course and college?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending