The Student Room Group

Chemistry panic

Right, i'm having a slight panic with unit 4 chemistry on the AQA syllibus. I've made my notes and tried to start doing questions but i can't do them and its starting to make me panic. like i cant do them at all! does anyone have any advice on where i should start? or what i can do?
Reply 1
Stop panicking!
Stick at it, it might take time to get used to the style of the questions.
Reply 3
You need to identify which areas concern you and work on those.
Reply 4
Don't panic! Make sure you understand your notes, that you understand the Chemical principles you need. Then work on understanding methods and calculations. If you properly understand something you can tackle any question, no matter how obscurely it's thrown at you. Don't just memorise calculations and methods. If you really can't figure out a question, ask someone to talk you through it. And keep at it, the more you practice the better you'll get! Trust me, I've done every single resource my Chemistry Department has to offer more than twice, and it's really helped me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I panicked the first time I started to do question for Unit 4 OCR, but then after doing quitw a lot of questions of the similar topic, I understood how to get to the answer according to OCR's specification. Practice makes perfect.. Try doing a walkthrough question...
Reply 6
Do you actually understand the notes you are making or are you just reading and making notes without really thinking about what you're reading/writing. I use to do this but i've realized that A2 chemistry needs you to fully understand the concepts to be able to answer a lot of the questions, cramming only helps so much. Also as you practise more exam q, they get easier but u prob already know that

Quick Reply

Latest