The Student Room Group

A 6th form couldn't enroll me for A levels

Can i still do A levels after failing gcse english miserly. I really want to do a level bio, chem and physics. My results on results day were ok except english gcse.
Physics 6
Chemistry 6
English lan 2
Biology 8
Maths 7
RE 7
Geography 6
English lit 4

The reason for it was My mental health deteriated mids the final week of the gcse exam period. While sitting the english language paper 2 i had a massive panic attack and could not do the exam.
The 6th form in question offered a btec course instead of a levels. I do not want to do a btec course because I have aspirations of studying
Medicine. What can i do from here?
Original post by >AveragePerson<
Can i still do A levels after failing gcse english miserly. I really want to do a level bio, chem and physics. My results on results day were ok except english gcse.
Physics 6
Chemistry 6
English lan 2
Biology 8
Maths 7
RE 7
Geography 6
English lit 4

The reason for it was My mental health deteriated mids the final week of the gcse exam period. While sitting the english language paper 2 i had a massive panic attack and could not do the exam.
The 6th form in question offered a btec course instead of a levels. I do not want to do a btec course because I have aspirations of studying

Do foundation medicine - for students who have level 3 qualifications (BTEC/A Levels) that did not meet the subject entry requirement. For example, taking A Level biology
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiGz9-XqfuAAxXGgP0HHYa-CQwQFnoECBcQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.medicmind.co.uk%2Fmedicine-ucas-guide%2Ffoundation-courses-for-medical-school%2F&usg=AOvVaw1M7rERt5VfP-oTVXiuRKyx&opi=89978449
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by >AveragePerson<
Physics 6
Chemistry 6
English lan 2
Biology 8
Maths 7
RE 7
Geography 6
English lit 4

I'm sure there will be somewhere that will let you resit English while continuing with A-levels, my college did :smile:

Call around to other places on Tuesday and see what they say.

Quick Reply

Latest