The Student Room Group

Cambridge Decisions Thread 2016 - Mature Applicants (21+)

Hello everyone,

Just a thread for mature applicants to post their decisions.

Any luck?
I applied for a mature college. Some of us might be applying for the 2nd round.

A*A*A offer received
Reply 2
Original post by keromedic
I applied for a mature college. Some of us might be applying for the 2nd round.

A*A*A offer received

Good luck!! Did you recently completed your a levels?
Reply 3
Well, got rejected from St-Edmund's. Is it possible to re-apply for the 2nd round through UCAS?
Original post by danr2
Good luck!! Did you recently completed your a levels?

Ish. I completed college in 2014. Crap overalls but decent ASs so am working on resits. Have applied for differed entry. Would start in 2017 if meet offer.

Original post by Saa-E
Well, got rejected from St-Edmund's. Is it possible to re-apply for the 2nd round through UCAS?

I would assume not. But commiserations.

Cambridge FAQ

It is possible for students to reapply to the University, either the following year or in a future year. If your application is unsuccessful and you think you may wish to reapply, you're strongly advised to request feedback on your original application as soon after you're notified of our decision as possible.
If what you suggest were possible, I assume they'd have indicated that students can reapply in the 2nd round. That's my inference though. Perhaps @Colmans or @LucyCavendish can shed some light.
Original post by keromedic
Ish. I completed college in 2014. Crap overalls but decent ASs so am working on resits. Have applied for differed entry. Would start in 2017 if meet offer.

I would assume not. But commiserations.

If what you suggest were possible, I assume they'd have indicated that students can reapply in the 2nd round. That's my inference though. Perhaps @Colmans or @LucyCavendish can shed some light.

You can only submit one application to Cambridge per admissions cycle (i.e. one in 2015-16), so it's not possible to re-apply in the second round if you have been rejected in the first round, unfortunately.
Original post by Lucy Cavendish Admissions
You can only submit one application to Cambridge per admissions cycle (i.e. one in 2015-16), so it's not possible to re-apply in the second round if you have been rejected in the first round, unfortunately.

I tagged the wrong user :tongue: but thanks for quoting me in and answering his question :smile:.
Reply 7
So I am anxiously awaiting my email, anyone else who hasn't gotten it yet? Anyone who has applied to Lucy Cavendish who has received an answer?
Original post by Linja
So I am anxiously awaiting my email, anyone else who hasn't gotten it yet? Anyone who has applied to Lucy Cavendish who has received an answer?

EU and Overseas applicants should receive an e-mail by the end of the working day today (but make sure you check your spam folder...). Decisions on UK applicants were put in the post yesterday, so should have arrived today; if there's no letter tomorrow morning, please ring the College Admissions Office.
Reply 9
Original post by Lucy Cavendish Admissions
EU and Overseas applicants should receive an e-mail by the end of the working day today (but make sure you check your spam folder...). Decisions on UK applicants were put in the post yesterday, so should have arrived today; if there's no letter tomorrow morning, please ring the College Admissions Office.

Thank you for your answer! I have received my email now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending