The Student Room Group

Open Day Questions To Ask

Hey all :smile:

I have a law open day coming up and I just wanted to know what sort of questions are good to ask. I'm a non-law student and it's my first open day so I want to make the most out of all the networking opportunities.

Thanks
I'm not sure if this is an open day at a particular firm/chambers or if it's mixed, but for starters, it depends hugely on if you already know more or less what areas of law you might be interested in, whether you might be more interested in a career at the Bar or as a solicitor, etc. If you're unsure or open to all the possibilities, then asking about what the different professions and areas of law entail might be a good start, and the best paths thereto.

If you know what firms/chambers will be there, also do some research prior to the day so you can ask questions about things specific to them that you found of interest. If you have time and there's particular set/firm that you really like, try to also read some of the recent cases they've been involved in. Just a few thoughts....
(edited 8 years ago)
I really think you should read up on the firm or chambers and then ask what you actually want to know. There's no need to try and double think it. If you are really interested you will be full of questions.

Don't just ask what you think they think they want to hear.

And, very important this, don't ask a question which a) you could google or b) it says the answer on their website

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending