The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

One of my Mum's friends works with the government and universities in the North-East and apparently there is serious talk about Newcastle and Durham joining as one universtiy in the next 5 years.

Durhams rep went down when they opened Stockton campus and I can imagine the same thing will happen if/when in combines with Newcastle - NOT that Newcastle is a bad uni, it is just Durham is being veiwed as less and less elite.

Also I live near Durham, it is a beautiful city but not much else happening.

Manchester is amazing!!! Don't lose out for the sake of table rankings!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
Thanks distantdeeps! However, my choice is between Manchester and Reading! Not Durham :wink: But your advice is still good, if you think I should choose Manchester over Durham then I guess you'd say I should choose Manchester over Reading. Hmm...I received a letter from Reading today telling me how great it is to be a student there, it's not making my choice any easier...
Snarf
Thanks distantdeeps! However, my choice is between Manchester and Reading! Not Durham :wink: But your advice is still good, if you think I should choose Manchester over Durham then I guess you'd say I should choose Manchester over Reading. Hmm...I received a letter from Reading today telling me how great it is to be a student there, it's not making my choice any easier...

Sorry... typical! :redface: Well if it is a choice between Manc and Reading go with Manc. It is fast becomong one of the most respected uni's in the academic world not just England and employers rate it highly. Also the fact that it gets more applications than any othet uni tells you something! Shred the letter from Reading, the student life there can't hope to compare with Manc. :biggrin:
Are you going for entry this Sept?
Reply 23
Yes. This September I'll be (finally) going to uni! Can't wait!
Pick Manc... like we have all said. Reading can't hope to compare!
Nice one. You won't regret it!

Latest

Trending

Trending