The Student Room Group

UK Jobs for a 15 year old

I'm 16 in a few months and I'm looking for a part time job. I have no previous experience in the workplace so i don't know where to start. I have a lot of free time and could do weekends and perhaps 1 or 2 weekdays after school. What to you recommend for me?

Any help appreciated! Thank You!
Until you have left high school you're going to struggle to find anything if I'm honest. Perhaps a paper round.
Reply 2
Original post by nicoledaysie
I'm 16 in a few months and I'm looking for a part time job. I have no previous experience in the workplace so i don't know where to start. I have a lot of free time and could do weekends and perhaps 1 or 2 weekdays after school. What to you recommend for me?

You'll probably only be able to do cash in hand jobs as you don't have a national insurance number yet. The best way to get one is through other people, in my experience. Try asking friends and classmates. That's how I got my first job at my local football ground. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much! That's ironic because I just asked my friend if his job is looking for staff and he said they're hiring and he offered me lifts too - win win situation hahah
Got my first job at 14, handing CVs out (hundreds) everywhere and anywhere is the only way I've been able to get jobs under 16, and a bit of luck! And don't be picky, hand them out absolutely everywhere, oh and pay leaves a lot to be desired so if you find somewhere then good on you (I've been paid as low as £3 an hour)
I need part time job I turned 16 soon I'm student
Reply 6
Original post by Laiba.Zaman
I need part time job I turned 16 soon I'm student

This thread is from 6 years ago - perhaps start a new thread.
Original post by nicoledaysie

Until you finish school you are limited in where will take you on.
Maybe a paper round?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending