The Student Room Group

Jobs 15yr olds

Hi just wondering has anyone here ever got a job as a 15 year old. Where did you work and how much did you get payed? I've tried to look online for some for 15 yr old jobs but can't find any. Does anyone know how to find them online? In scotland not england btw. Thanks.
Original post by randInt47
Hi just wondering has anyone here ever got a job as a 15 year old. Where did you work and how much did you get payed? I've tried to look online for some for 15 yr old jobs but can't find any. Does anyone know how to find them online? In scotland not england btw. Thanks.

Most places wont take on under 16's. Quite a few also require you to have finished school (i.e. the end of June in year 11). Basically because a) there are quite a few rules and regulations surrounding employing under 16's and b) because you dont get a national insurance number until not long before you turn 16.

The bigger places (e.g. chains will be a no no at 15). But you might get somewhere with smaller more independent cafes, restaurants etc.
Original post by randInt47

You can legally apply for a job with boots the chemist as they take on young people from the age of 15 but with restrictions due to the age 18 regulations for certain departments.

I have worked with boots since I was just over 15 years old part-time at weekends and during school holidays and I'm still working there still after all those years part-time.

You'll be paid accordingly and you can apply via boots own website, you'll have to do a online profile first and then search for jobs, if prompted to do a online assessment then do it and if successful you'll be invited to a in-store interview. You'll be paid around £8 as a 16 year old earns about £8.90 per hour. I'm on higher pay for the job role I'm doing.

Then basically majority if not all supermarkets and other retailers won't take you on until you are 16 with supermarkets having a age 18 restrictions in place.

Try around your wee independent local shops who might be wanting someone like yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending