The Student Room Group

Jobs at 15

I need a part time after school job do you know how to apply for one and anywhere that would hire me w No experience
Reply 1
Original post by Golddiagram
I need a part time after school job do you know how to apply for one and anywhere that would hire me w No experience

You could apply to boots the Che at 15 years old via there own job recruitment website page.
Try your local wee shops in your local area and see if they are requiring anyone to help out few hours a day or perhaps weekends.

All the big retailers won't take you on until you are at least 16 years old ok. A lot of the retailers has a policy in place that you can't work on certain areas/department until you turn 18 but will certainly employ anyone over 16 years old.

Retailing you don't need any experience as they will give you the necessary training if successful.
Original post by Golddiagram

A lot of places wont take on under 16's. And a lot of places want you to have finished school as well (i.e. the end of june in year 11). Basically for a couple of reasons. a) all the rules and regulations surrounding employing under 16's b) you dont get a national insurance number until just before you turn 16.
As well as a paper round, try cafes and restaurants (especially the smaller none chain ones). The odd place like boots and wh smiths are rumoured to take on from 15 as well.
Reply 3
Original post by Emma:-)
A lot of places wont take on under 16's. And a lot of places want you to have finished school as well (i.e. the end of june in year 11). Basically for a couple of reasons. a) all the rules and regulations surrounding employing under 16's b) you dont get a national insurance number until just before you turn 16.
As well as a paper round, try cafes and restaurants (especially the smaller none chain ones). The odd place like boots and wh smiths are rumoured to take on from 15 as well.

It's in boots policy that they employ young people from 15 .

You'll need to be 15 years old to work as a Customer Assistant in most of our stores. However, to work at an airport store you'll need to be 18 years old or over. There are limits to the hours/days you can work if you're in school or further education, but this is something we can discuss with you.

https://www.boots.jobs
Boots Jobs - Career Opportunities with Boots

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending