The Student Room Group

Child nursing @ UWL 2016

Hiya! I've just received a place at UWL and was just wondering if anyone has received a place to start September as well!
Reply 1
Original post by jbonly
Hiya! I've just received a place at UWL and was just wondering if anyone has received a place to start September as well!

Hi, how was your interview at UWL, any tips or hints for this please ?
Reply 2
I got a place for child nursing at uwl too! So surprised seen as they only take 11 people @ the Brentford campus
Reply 3
Ive gotten a place for child nursing at uwl too! So excited
Hi,can you please tell me how long, after your selection day did you hear back from UWL?

Thank you x
Reply 5
Original post by futurechildnurse
Hi,can you please tell me how long, after your selection day did you hear back from UWL?

Thank you x

Hi, for me the maths and English test was about a week later and the interview was about 3days later
Thank you for the reply @nkoran. I had my interview a week ago yesterday and not heard anything yet :/. I found the writing exercise quite difficult.
Hi. I have a place to start childrens nursing this September 2019 at the reading branch. Can anyone tell me what their timetable has been like. I have 3 kids so just trying to plan ahead. Thank you
Reply 8
Original post by Mummymayhem
Hi. I have a place to start childrens nursing this September 2019 at the reading branch. Can anyone tell me what their timetable has been like. I have 3 kids so just trying to plan ahead. Thank you

Hi, I went to Brentford campus (which is probably not much different). Depending on the ages of you children it can be quite difficult to juggle both university and family life, especially when placements kick in. If your kids are still young then you’ll probably need a good family network or a flexible childminder to cover your 2-3 days in uni per week, either, 0900-1300 or 1300-1700 and especially when you start placements and your expected to work the shift pattern of your unit e.g. 0800-1800,
07:45-20:15 or 1945-0815.
Placements is when things can get tricky. We were on placements 2-3 times for the year lasting 5-6 weeks - except our sign-off in the final year which was 12 weeks. As your a student there’s not usually much leeway in negotiating shifts (but that depends on your department), try to mention your circumstances to your mentor/supervisor when starting placement so you can organise childcare.
Original post by jbonly
Hi, I went to Brentford campus (which is probably not much different). Depending on the ages of you children it can be quite difficult to juggle both university and family life, especially when placements kick in. If your kids are still young then you’ll probably need a good family network or a flexible childminder to cover your 2-3 days in uni per week, either, 0900-1300 or 1300-1700 and especially when you start placements and your expected to work the shift pattern of your unit e.g. 0800-1800,
07:45-20:15 or 1945-0815.
Placements is when things can get tricky. We were on placements 2-3 times for the year lasting 5-6 weeks - except our sign-off in the final year which was 12 weeks. As your a student there’s not usually much leeway in negotiating shifts (but that depends on your department), try to mention your circumstances to your mentor/supervisor when starting placement so you can organise childcare.

Thanks for replying. I've received my time table and its 2 days a week but full days so 9-5. I've had to employ a nanny to make things work so hopefully things pan out. With regards to placement ours will be 12 weeks starting beginning of May. So it's just praying the shifts work out..I would actually prefer night shifts to day. With 3 kids im so use to running on low sleep anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending