The Student Room Group

university child nursing interview

hey so i've applied to universities for child nursing only 2 out of the 5 applied have offered me interviews so far. i was wondering how i could prepare for child nursing interviews or what type of questions they will ask me just so i am prepared i'm grateful for any suggestions i'm really nervous about it as i haven't received any suggestions of where to look or how to revise for the interview.
Hey, :smile:

Congratulations for getting interviews for Child Nursing.

It is normal to be nervous for any interview however, the interviewer wants to know why you want to become a child nurse and they want to see how passionate you are.

Check out this post for more generic interview tips as well as healthcare interview tips and managing interview anxiety: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7418316

Also, check out this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FayFHmyDNag

I hope this helps and good luck for your interviews :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by favorable-cat
hey so i've applied to universities for child nursing only 2 out of the 5 applied have offered me interviews so far. i was wondering how i could prepare for child nursing interviews or what type of questions they will ask me just so i am prepared i'm grateful for any suggestions i'm really nervous about it as i haven't received any suggestions of where to look or how to revise for the interview.

Heyyy congratulations on your interviews. To prepare for child nursing interviews I would say:

know why want to be a nurse. Why did you choose to do nursing especially with children??

Know what a children nurse does and what qualities they should hold. E.g staying organised and having good teamwork skills etc

Make sure you know some ethical issues/ considerations in nursing e.g respecting people’s rights and their privacy etc

Also know the 6cs and the NMC code thingy

Research some current healthcare topics e.g staff shortages or perhaps Covid

Finally ask at least 2 questions at the end of the interview.

[start]Be prepared for scenario questions. Those questions can be about the stuff I mentioned above.[/start]
[start]Honestly you will do great, don’t worry too much. The interviewers are not trying to trick you or catch you out.[/start]
[start]They want to make sure that you understand that nursing is a demanding job physically, mentally and emotionally. Show that you know how to deal with stress and that you can control yourself in unpleasant circumstances.[/start]
[start]Soo I hope was helpful and wish you best on your interviews and the ones upcoming!!😄👍[/start]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending