The Student Room Group

Stressed? Please read :)

Hi, today I learned a bit about dealing with stress and thought that some people on here might benefit from it. Therefore, I decided to make this thread about dealing with it. If you have any suggestions or ways you have dealt with stress, please feel free to share! :wink:

The first step is to take a few deep breaths. Calm down and recognise what is going on around you. :wink: It can be easy to get lost in all of the stress, which can lead you to make decisions you may regret later.

Relaxing is a good way to do this. Anything you enjoy doing will help, whether that'd be watching TV, gaming, reading or hanging out with friends. Some people prefer to be on their own so this final option might not be appealing to them. However, if you don't know what to do, speaking to someone about it (or just speaking in general) can usually help you feel much better afterwards. :tongue:

A balanced diet is important. Make sure you don't skip meals. You may have a lot to do but even a really small, simple meal will suffice.
Plenty of exercise can also help with reducing stress. To be honest, I'm not really into PE but when I started exercising, I began to feel a lot happier and able to think more straight about the things I needed to get done. Not only are you able to stay healthy, but you can temporarily take your mind off your work. :biggrin:

*Please note that not all of these will necessarily help you. It's important that you try these out and find out which ones work best. I'd also like to apologise if any of this sounds patronising. :colondollar:*

Scroll to see replies

:jumphug:

You're simply awesome :biggrin:
You are quite possibly the most motivating person ever.
Good practical tips. Sometimes you have to remove yourself from the source of the stress and appreciate the simple things.
Original post by Matrix123
Hi, today I learned a bit about dealing with stress and thought that some people on here might benefit from it. Therefore, I decided to make this thread about dealing with it. If you have any suggestions or ways you have dealt with stress, please feel free to share! :wink:

The first step is to take a few deep breaths. Calm down and recognise what is going on around you. :wink: It can be easy to get lost in all of the stress, which can lead you to make decisions you may regret later.

Relaxing is a good way to do this. Anything you enjoy doing will help, whether that'd be watching TV, gaming, reading or hanging out with friends. Some people prefer to be on their own so this final option might not be appealing to them. However, if you don't know what to do, speaking to someone about it (or just speaking in general) can usually help you feel much better afterwards. :tongue:

A balanced diet is important. Make sure you don't skip meals. You may have a lot to do but even a really small, simple meal will suffice.
Plenty of exercise can also help with reducing stress. To be honest, I'm not really into PE but when I started exercising, I began to feel a lot happier and able to think more straight about the things I needed to get done. Not only are you able to stay healthy, but you can temporarily take your mind off your work. :biggrin:

*Please note that not all of these will necessarily help you. It's important that you try these out and find out which ones work best. I'd also like to apologise if any of this sounds patronising. :colondollar:*

PRSOM! You make the best threads on here. :hugs:
Reply 5
Awhhhhhhh :') thank you Matrix :biggrin: :* awesome and sweet as always ^_^

Spoiler

Reply 6
Original post by Indeterminate
:jumphug:

You're simply awesome :biggrin:

PRSOM. Aw, thanks! :jumphug:
Original post by TSRian123454321
You are quite possibly the most motivating person ever.

Aw, that's so nice of you. Don't forget @MathQ123 , @Indeterminate, @Andy98, @z33 and @ravioliyears! (I hope I haven't missed anyone haha.) :wink:
Original post by librarygirl
Good practical tips. Sometimes you have to remove yourself from the source of the stress and appreciate the simple things.

Absolutely! :tongue:
Original post by MathQ123
PRSOM! You make the best threads on here. :hugs:

Aw thanks, you make some rather splendid posts yourself. :biggrin:
Original post by z33
Awhhhhhhh :':wink: thank you Matrix :biggrin: :* awesome and sweet as always ^_^

Spoiler

Aw, thanks. :wink:
Reply 7
Aw, that's so nice of you. Don't forget @MathQ123 , @Indeterminate, @Andy98, @z33 and @ravioliyears! (I hope I haven't missed anyone haha.) :wink:

Hahaha thanks, but you're much more motivational than me :hugs:

Original post by z33
@Andy98 well isn't her timing perfect :tongue:

Hahaha yep
Reply 8
Original post by Andy98
Hahaha thanks, but you're much more motivational than me :hugs:

Hahaha yep

Aw, thanks! :hugs: I do think that's up for debate though :wink:
Reply 9
Aw, thanks! :hugs: I do think that's up for debate though :wink:

It's true:yep::jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10

:jumphug: I wish I could rep you again!
Merci :yep:

Spoiler

Reply 12
:jumphug: I wish I could rep you again!

Hahaha it's ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
You sweetheart. :hugs:

Thank you so much for making this - it's so thoughtful! Although that does seem to be your thing. :biggrin:

Also, I'll reiterate the exercise one - honestly, walking / running has helped me destress unbelievably. I'm so glad I gave it a chance! :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Imperion
Merci :yep:

De rien :wink:
Yeah, it can get REALLY annoying when that happens.
Reply 15
Original post by acupofgreentea
You sweetheart. :hugs:

Thank you so much for making this - it's so thoughtful! Although that does seem to be your thing. :biggrin:

Also, I'll reiterate the exercise one - honestly, walking / running has helped me destress unbelievably. I'm so glad I gave it a chance! :biggrin:

Aww, thanks :wink:
Yeah, it shocked me so much when I realised just how much it can destress you. Me too haha :tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by Andy98

Honestly though, if I had a pound for every time I wanted to rep you but couldn't, I'd be sooo rich right now! :smartass:
Reply 17
Honestly though, if I had a pound for every time I wanted to rep you but couldn't, I'd be sooo rich right now! :smartass:

Either that or you'd be ground to a pulp:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Andy98
Either that or you'd be ground to a pulp:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know why but for some reason I prefer the first option... :dontknow:
Reply 19
I don't know why but for some reason I prefer the first option... :dontknow:

Thought so:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile