The Student Room Group

Bishop says vicars should grow beards to reach out to muslims

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sgt_Haytham
Again... not for religious reasons.

"The vicars 'should' grow beards in order to better connect with Muslims."

We're bending over backwards to please them, it's moronic.

I don't get why you'd need a beard to connect with Muslims... we're not aliens X'D
Plus this is a Christian country so I don't get all of this "change to adapt to the Muslims" stuff... there's plenty of Muslim countries out there for Muslims who want to strictly practice their religion and grow big bushy beards and wear the traditional 'Muslim gear' as much as they want but when you're out here you gotta blend in with the crowd :tongue:

Sure enough Britain is multicultural and people can dress how they want and grow beards as long as they please and be proud of their culture and their religion but I don't think that Britain should change for us but we should change for Britain simply because we are guests invited into this country and guests should always (imo) be humble and grateful to be staying at the home, and not force the host to do everything in their power to make them comfortable you know?

So idk what this Bishop of London thinks this will achieve but it don't sound like a good idea to me X'D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending