The Student Room Group

Choices, oh choices.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HipsterDalek
Just the kind of answer I was looking for! :smile:
I've heard good things about Bristol too. Birmingham's like the 2nd London in us foreign people's perception :tongue: which is awesome but Birmingham City Uni is much lower in the league table than the rest of em so... not really sure Birmingham. Oh and why'd you say Leicester isn't nice..? I mean how's Nottingham better? Don't mean to sound rude but I'm genuinely curios (and clueless.. :colondollar:).

Thanks a lot!

Leicester is run down, and although it has a nice shopping centre (High Cross) there isn't much of a city centre other than that. All cities have good and bad bits, but I personally think there are a lot more bad bits in Leicester! The rest of Leicestershire is nice though.

Nottingham is only 45 minutes from Leicester, but it nicer in my opinion. More culture (several theatres and concert venues), a sprawling city centre with a really nice historic bit (Lace Market and Hockley), plus, google 'Pitcher and Piano Nottingham'.
Hey :smile:

I’m a business and marketing student in Glasgow, and was wondering if I could just ask a quick question for my dissertation:

When choosing to study at a UK University, what factors are most important in your decision?

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending