The Student Room Group

Advanced higher biology exam

How did everyone find it? Also what multiple choice questions do you remember?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by todayyy04
How did everyone find it? Also what multiple choice questions do you remember?

I thought it was really difficult as did the rest of my class. It was nothing like the past papers - much harder. The multiple choice was also really tricky. Hoping the grade boundaries are low this year.

How did you/everyone else find it?
Reply 2
Original post by Pink dolphin_05
I thought it was really difficult as did the rest of my class. It was nothing like the past papers - much harder. The multiple choice was also really tricky. Hoping the grade boundaries are low this year.

How did you/everyone else find it?

Agreed everyone in my class found it a lot harder too. I guess we have to wait till august to find out :frown: also do you have access to the paper by any chance?
For me the paper went quite well but my classmate found it really difficult
Agreed everyone in my class found it a lot harder too. I guess we have to wait till august to find out :frown: also do you have access to the paper by any chance?

No, sorry I don't have the paper.

I mean last year's paper wasn't too bad and to get an A, it was 60% so I'm praying that they're low this year especially cuz people found it tough.

I didn't know what to put for that graph question (I think it was question 8 if I'm not wrong) and asked you to explain the changes between sample sites 4 and 5 - it was 2 marks.
No, sorry I don't have the paper.

I mean last year's paper wasn't too bad and to get an A, it was 60% so I'm praying that they're low this year especially cuz people found it tough.

I didn't know what to put for that graph question (I think it was question 8 if I'm not wrong) and asked you to explain the changes between sample sites 4 and 5 - it was 2 marks.

What did you say for that question ? I talked about a decrease in the indication species. Also talked about how in sample 5 there is more of the non indication species than the indicator specie and how in sample 4 it is the opposite
Original post by Random47736224
What did you say for that question ? I talked about a decrease in the indication species. Also talked about how in sample 5 there is more of the non indication species than the indicator specie and how in sample 4 it is the opposite

Haha I didn't even notice that it was an indicator species and just mentioned the species name instead of calling it an indicator species - I'm screwed lol
Haha I didn't even notice that it was an indicator species and just mentioned the species name instead of calling it an indicator species - I'm screwed lol

Tbh, it’s only 2 marks so you will be fine. How did you find the rest of the paper ?
Tbh, it’s only 2 marks so you will be fine. How did you find the rest of the paper ?

I found it really difficult. I hope the grade boundaries are low.

Also what did you say for the genetic drift question? Was it greater in the population with 10 individuals or 50?
Reply 9
I found it really difficult. I hope the grade boundaries are low.

Also what did you say for the genetic drift question? Was it greater in the population with 10 individuals or 50?

I said greater in 10 cause 1/ what ever it was is larger than 1/400 what about you?
I said greater in 10 cause 1/ what ever it was is larger than 1/400 what about you?

Same

Got that one wrong too then! :frown:
Reply 12
What did you guys put for the telomere multiple choice? I put 1 and 4
Reply 13
Got that one wrong too then! :frown:

What subject are u doing at uni and do you have conditions?
What did you guys put for the telomere multiple choice? I put 1 and 4

Same
What did people put for the last question in multiple choice. It was to do with a virus or something. I circled latency
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 16
What did people put for the last question in multiple choice. It was to do with a virus or something. I circled latency

Oh I put genetic variation, what made you put latency?
Oh I put genetic variation, what made you put latency?

It was too random, the graph kept on increasing and decreasing so I thought the virus stayed in latency until favourable conditions arised
Reply 18
It was too random, the graph kept on increasing and decreasing so I thought the virus stayed in latency until favourable conditions arised

ahhhh righttttt I put antigenic variation because I think each time it increased the antigens changed and each time it decreased was because the antibodies/lymphocytes hard adapted to it. Do u know what the right answer was?
ahhhh righttttt I put antigenic variation because I think each time it increased the antigens changed and each time it decreased was because the antibodies/lymphocytes hard adapted to it. Do u know what the right answer was?

Not sure. Your answer also makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending