The Student Room Group

Will Trump actually win the election??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
No, unless America wants to go back to where it started.
How do you tell if someone is a Muslim? well their name obviously helps. Where they are from..
Could rather easily win if the FBI actually grew a pair of balls. Alternatively if the rumours that Bloomberg may join the race as an independent then Trump has it in the bag from a split democratic vote in the key swing states.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 43
Everything is possible in this world
Never say never
Reply 44
Original post by Blondie987
Do you think it is possible or even likely that Donald Trump will win the presidential election? If so how do you feel about this?

Spoiler

No. Batman has more chance.
Original post by somemightsay888
Would be terrifying if he won.

I did find it funny how part of what he thinks will "make America great again" is by forcing Apple to build their products in the USA lmao.

He, and anyone who votes for him, are top autists.

ermm could you maybe put a spell on DT so he loses ?

:holmes:
Original post by Au contraire
You'd rather support a culture which believes in genital mutilation, stoning, the chopping off of hands for petty theft and the imposition of these policies in western society, than the man - the only man, I might add! - trying to prevent them?

Minorities rule, majorities drool. When the new minority rules, I really hope you are happy with it.

The Mexican culture supports mutilation, stoning and chopping off hands?
He's a the top of the polls currently, its very likely :frown: I hope he doesn't win the elections.
I want Trump vs Sanders.

It would be mega exciting to watch.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I want Trump vs Sanders.

It would be mega exciting to watch.

And terrifying. Sanders is more likely to win the white house if nominated than Clinton, but is also a more terrifying prospect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I doubt it. Trump is running for the republican nomination. He will be running against Hillary or Bernie Sanders, the democratic hopefuls. This next bit gets technical so hold on. If Trump wins the republican nomination, he will be the republican candidate but he is incredibly far right and he alienates many more moderate republicans. This means lots of more level headed republicans will be pushed to vote democrat and will probably cost trump the election. (Plus when people actually start fact checking his statements he is in trouble). If the republicans do not nominate trump, many believe they really do not want to, Trump will run as an independent candidate and pull support from far right republicans. This will split the republican vote, giving the democrats a huge advantage. Basically, no matter what happens, if Trump is in the election he gives advantage to his opponents.

Short answer, no, he will not win.
Reply 52
I think he has a very good chance, US elections come down to a few swing states the others are mostly irrelevant because they always vote the same, Florida, Ohio, Virgina etc will determine it and I can see him winning at least a couple of the swing states
Reply 53
Yes and about time too.
Original post by adamtravo
I doubt it. Trump is running for the republican nomination. He will be running against Hillary or Bernie Sanders, the democratic hopefuls. This next bit gets technical so hold on. If Trump wins the republican nomination, he will be the republican candidate but he is incredibly far right and he alienates many more moderate republicans. This means lots of more level headed republicans will be pushed to vote democrat and will probably cost trump the election. (Plus when people actually start fact checking his statements he is in trouble). If the republicans do not nominate trump, many believe they really do not want to, Trump will run as an independent candidate and pull support from far right republicans. This will split the republican vote, giving the democrats a huge advantage. Basically, no matter what happens, if Trump is in the election he gives advantage to his opponents.

Short answer, no, he will not win.

He really is not ultra right unless of course you compare him to the left. Most of the Republican field, including Trump, is clustered around the same place on the spectrum and funnily enough that's where the vast majority of votes are in the race for the nomination. Just because his immigration policies make headlines does not mean that they are representative of all his policies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
And terrifying. Sanders is more likely to win the white house if nominated than Clinton, but is also a more terrifying prospect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only if you are a hysterical neocon/neoliberal.

You got that box checked.

Not like someone like Sanders had ever been in power before...

“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerated the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism: ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power.” ~ Franklin D Roosevelt.

Sanders is left of centre social democrat.

I'll also throw you a bone and say Trump isn't a full on fascist either.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Only if you are a hysterical neocon/neoliberal.

You got that box checked.

“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerated the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism: ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power.”

Not like someone like Sanders had ever been in power before...

Does he even fit on the US political spectrum being such a rabid leftie?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel sorry for his wife the most
it's very unlikely that trump will win
Hope so.

Donald really tickles my Trump.

If you know what I mean. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending