The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Commuting from Leeds

Hi,

I currently live in Leeds, and would like to stay living here. How feasible is it to commute over to Bradford every day? What's parking like at the uni?

Thanks!
Hi Surubi,

Thank you for your interest in University of Bradford. It's pretty easy to travel over here from Leeds, either by public transport or by driving in.

There is ample on-site car parking and the charge is quite reasonable at £95 per year for students. You can find further information about travelling here by car, along with a journey planner and additional travel info HERE.

There are also excellent public transport links with four trains per hour from Leeds to Bradford Interchange. The journey takes 20 minutes and it is then an approximately 15 minute walk from the Interchange to the University.

I hope that helps, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

PAUL
(edited 8 years ago)
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Daughter did it the other way round for her Masters, eminently doable.
She used the train, lecture times allowed her to go off peak.
One thing you should consider is access to materials, library, etc.
She had access to Bradford's as an alumni from her first degree so she could work "at home".
There is a reciprocal library scheme (SCONUL) which may, or may not, help in your case.
I lived in Leeds for my first year and found the travel times were poor since I had to get a bus to Leeds station first. Although the train is 20 minutes, when you add the walk from Bradford Interchange to the University and the times waiting for transport, it was roughly an hour and a half each way including my bus journey. Now living in Bradford, I much prefer it. I love been able to work in the library late at night. It's 24/7 and I find I work best when it's late. It is also much easier to interact with the fantastic Student Union through sports clubs and societies. I tried joining a society in my first year but I'd finish at 12 and the society would run 6-9. Not viable. Also, in my first year I'd have 3 hour gaps between lectures. Now if I have a gap I can go home.
Original post by TraineeBMS
I lived in Leeds for my first year and found the travel times were poor since I had to get a bus to Leeds station first. Although the train is 20 minutes, when you add the walk from Bradford Interchange to the University and the times waiting for transport, it was roughly an hour and a half each way including my bus journey. Now living in Bradford, I much prefer it. I love been able to work in the library late at night. It's 24/7 and I find I work best when it's late. It is also much easier to interact with the fantastic Student Union through sports clubs and societies. I tried joining a society in my first year but I'd finish at 12 and the society would run 6-9. Not viable. Also, in my first year I'd have 3 hour gaps between lectures. Now if I have a gap I can go home.

It's great to hear you are having such a fantastic time living and studying with us here in Bradford, and making the most of all the excellent facilities and enrichment opportunities we have to offer :smile:

PAUL
Reply 5
I commute from Leeds to Bradford everyday. I live in Beeston (20 minutes away from city centre) and is manageable if you got a strong will. I wake up at 6 am everyday and take the X6 bus and I get to uni at quarter past 8. Either that I can wake up as late as half 7 and get the 20 past eight train to Bradford. If you take any train later than that you're going to be late. I go to the uni and I love it although the city is not the best, we live in Leeds anyway so that wouldnt be a problem. If you got any questions don't hesitate asking me!
Reply 6
Hi there, I live in Leeds and I'm applying to study in Bradford for a Mpharm 2020 entry. I'm considering whether I should remain in Leeds or move to Bradford for the sake of the demands of the course and also to embrace better the Uni experience. Anyone in my situation? Or anyone who's been there? Any advice or tip would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending