The Student Room Group

Audiology 2024

Anyone applied to audiology this year? I sent in my application yesterday and I’m already refreshing UCAS every hour lmao

I’m wondering how big UCL’s y1 cohort is. Ik last year they had around 14 students but I’m curious to see how much it grew this year. Also whether they have a high acceptance rate seeing as they only recently opened the course 🤔
Reply 1
Original post by minyoongibiased
Anyone applied to audiology this year? I sent in my application yesterday and I’m already refreshing UCAS every hour lmao

I’m wondering how big UCL’s y1 cohort is. Ik last year they had around 14 students but I’m curious to see how much it grew this year. Also whether they have a high acceptance rate seeing as they only recently opened the course 🤔

hi i am currently studying audiology at ucl. there's 13 of us this year, which is similar to last year. If you have any questions, feel free to dm me 😊
Reply 2
Original post by nosaj0530
hi i am currently studying audiology at ucl. there's 13 of us this year, which is similar to last year. If you have any questions, feel free to dm me 😊
Hi - I am finally ready to submit the first and second choice for Audiology and planning to put UCL as first choice . How do you find the course ? How tight is the first year schedule ? Are the lectures in the Bloomsbury area or are they still going for online lectures ? I am looking at accomodation for the first year as I would love to experience the uni spirit . I know that UCL hasn't really got a campus , so it will be probably more like London spirit - do you leave in London or do you commute ? The Audiology courses seem to have under 15-20 students everywhere I visited , like Leeds , Southampton , Manchester . Are the students in your year living in London or are they commuting ? How did you find the placement ? Sorry , probably too many questions
Original post by chsopm
Hi - I am finally ready to submit the first and second choice for Audiology and planning to put UCL as first choice . How do you find the course ? How tight is the first year schedule ? Are the lectures in the Bloomsbury area or are they still going for online lectures ? I am looking at accomodation for the first year as I would love to experience the uni spirit . I know that UCL hasn't really got a campus , so it will be probably more like London spirit - do you leave in London or do you commute ? The Audiology courses seem to have under 15-20 students everywhere I visited , like Leeds , Southampton , Manchester . Are the students in your year living in London or are they commuting ? How did you find the placement ? Sorry , probably too many questions
hello, the workload so far in the first year is not heavy, we only have lectures three days a week and the ear institute is located near king's cross. For the accommodation you may apply for the halls owned by UCL. I haven't started placements yet, but from what i know is they will be starting at term 3. I hope it helps. Any questions just feel free to ask.
Reply 4
Hi there
My daughter is torn between ucl and aston for audiology. She likes that aston work closely with specsavers and have on sight specsavers lab. Can anyone shed some light on studying audiology at both these unis? How often do you go in for lessons and lab work? What's the tutor contact like? Any advice would ne much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest