The Student Room Group

Antidepressants and nursing

Does anyone know whether it effects passing your occupational health exam if you take antidepressants? Ive heard from someone that universitys can be abit funny about things like that :/
Original post by Lmck123
Does anyone know whether it effects passing your occupational health exam if you take antidepressants? Ive heard from someone that universitys can be abit funny about things like that :/

As far as I ve heard from my colleagues my local trust has no problem with antidepressants as long as you ve had no relapses in any mental health conditions in the past year. So if you re relatively stable don't worry about it,if you feel like you can tell the university then you may be able to get a mental health mentor through dsa if you wanted one.
When I had Occy Health appt as a student nurse I had a history of depression and there was no issues. They just wrote to my GP. I wasn't on tablets at the time though. But since I have been qualified I have since been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and I take mood stabilisers and anti psychotics and had no issues with Occy Health or my line manager :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending