The Student Room Group

23 single

I'm 23 and I never dated anyone or had a relationship.
I also barely have any friends.
When I was at uni, COVID hit, so I spent all my time living with my parents.

I'm now working full time in IT. I make over £50k a year at such a young age. Yet... The company I'm at predominantly has ppl in late 30s. And I'm doing rly well there. They even hinted that I will get promoted soon.

Even when I was at uni before COVID hit, I barely got invited anywhere. I tried visiting societies ... We had nice conversation but nothing beyond that.

It's not because I'm boring. In fact I read over 70 books in the last 12 months.

My life is terrible, I can't fall asleep without antidepressants... I stopped exercising, I lost interest to all hobbies. I'm crying every evening. I tried all sorts of dating apps.... I dont even get replies to my messages.

My ex best friend just stopped replying to my messages at some point. He basically one day decided to remove me from his life.

All I have is a slowly decreasing list of ppl that I occasionally text to ask how are they.

I'm not ugly as well. I'm quite physically fit.

One obstacle that inhibited me from socializing was alcohol. Alcohol is a poison to me. I can die from it.
Ppl don't believe it.

I'm a failure... Idk what else to try .

Wtf should I do?
Where to meet people?
Date people?

Please help
Reply 1
If your life is so terrible, do you really think someone would want to be a part of it? You sound like you need to sort yourself out a bit before you are ready for date.

It's fine that alcohol is not for you, but you'll need to work on expanding your social circle and putting yourself in situations where you are going to meet people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending