The Student Room Group

Mental and Physical health affecting ability to attend.

Hey,

So essentially im in a bit of a situation.

Im halfway through my first year of Pharmacology but I suffer from IBS, anxiety and depression although the Depression is undiagnosed.

Throughout the year ive struggled to attend quite often because of both my physical and mental health which has caused my attendance to be quite poor.

I dont have to attend any disciplinary meetings because of it due to the fact ive provided medical evidence of medications and a signed doctors note but my worry is that im going to fail the year and be kicked off the course because im so behind.

I want to be on this course, study at this university and get my degree, but having to sit at home all day feeling awful instead or in pain and then feeling even worse because you didnt go is crushing me at this point.

I was put on antidepressants at the start of January and they just made things 1000x worse. Affecting my thought process, reasoning, brain fog, inability to concentrate and lack of sleep all led to the worst grade of my life (12%) on a lab report worth 20% of my overall grade.

I just dont know what to do anymore or if ill even pass but if i dont and i get kicked out id literally be homeless, and i have no friends to ask about what to do as i get so anxious i just dont talk to anybody.

I spoke to my personal tutor about my concerns a while ago and all i was really told to do was chill out and love myself more so im hesitant to bring it up again.

What do i do? any advice is much appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this, im sorry that its so long.

Quick Reply

Latest