The Student Room Group

Multicultural toilets to be designed to avoid street defecation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gnomes&Knights
You also won't have men practicing taharrush gamea on you here.

That has nothing to do with the Middle East bish. I used to wear short jeans during my travels to the ME ,low tops and never once have I ever been assaulted. Get your facts straight.
Reply 21
Hopefully we have only accepted the engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc. Just imagine if we had taken some peasants!
Original post by queen-bee
That has nothing to do with the Middle East bish. I used to wear short jeans during my travels to the ME ,low tops and never once have I ever been assaulted. Get your facts straight.

That doesn't mean taharrush games doesn't exist there. Get you facts straight.
Original post by TeeEm
and doing it on the floor is ...

Not on our Marble floors. Our houses are exquisite.
Reply 24
Original post by Gnomes&Knights
Hard for some.

well i mean theres a hole - which you **** in
and then theres a roll of TP which you clean your arse with
and then theres a button to flush that ****
and a sink to wash your hands

even a freaking dog can learn it x'D

you could argue that most toilets over there look like:

but it's the same ****ing thing
**** in the hole
clean yourself with TP or water
and wash hands in sink

also I've seen MANY MANY MANY western-style toilets there when I've been so... no excuses bruh

they should have enough dignity and self respect not to ****ing defocate in public like an animal

this is real life trolling and everyones falling for it wtf?!!?!?
Reply 25
Original post by Lord Kek
German bathroom manufacturers are developing “multicultural toilets” to help ensure Middle Eastern migrants need not adapt to European sanitation norms.

Multiple reports have emerged of recent arrivals finding themselves utterly “mystified” by Western loos.

Some have resorted to doing their business on the floor or outdoors, others have used showers, and many migrants will have never seen toilet paper before.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.faz.net%2Faktuell%2Fpolitik%2Ffluechtlingskrise%2Fdie-multikulti-toilette-ein-klo-das-jeder-benutzen-kann-14043644.html%3FprintPagedArticle%3Dtrue%23aufmacherBildJumpTarget&edit-text=&act=url

This is bs. You do realise that Syria was a relativly middle income country before the war.
Reply 26

Dubai is a bit different from Tahrir square or the suburbs of Damascus.
D e s i g n a t e d
e
s
i
g
n
a
t
e
d
Reply 28
Original post by z33

**** in the hole
and wash hands in sink

also I've seen MANY MANY MANY western-style toilets there when I've been so... no excuses bruh

they should have enough dignity and self respect not to ****ing defocate in public like an animal

I must admit that looks like a shower ...
Original post by z33

**** in the hole
and wash hands in sink

Unfortunately some people are dumb and uncivilized.
Original post by Josb

I'm talking about Syria,Lebanon,Egypt,Dubai,Jordan
Reply 31
Original post by TeeEm
I must admit that looks like a shower ...

lmao we don't shower in there too das nasty x'D
our showers are normal... except it's a whole room dedicated to the shower and not a section of the bathroom :3
I don't think Middle Eastern migrants are the only people who have trouble using German toilets. Men in general tend to be flabbergasted and seem unable to use traditional German toilets, especially men from countries like England and America, who have no clue how a traditional German toilet works. Traditional German style toilets are designed in such a way that men cannot stand up and pee. If one attempts to do so, it usually results in pee spraying all outside the toilet bowl.

Traditional Anglo-Saxon style toilet

Traditional Germanic style Toilet

The traditional Germanic toilet was designed to be efficient and use the least amount of water. The toilet also allowed for one to inspect their excrement for any problems. However, the one major issue with this design is that men can not stand and pee. Many signs in traditional Germanic style public toilets will display a similar sign to the one below indicating that men must sit down and pee (also known as the Sitzpinkel).

(edited 8 years ago)
in all seriousness, but asian-style toilets are healthier for your guts; humans are made to poo squatting not sitting (still- it doesn't justify shitting on the streets).
Poo on Merkel's doorstep.
Original post by Lord Kek
German bathroom manufacturers are developing “multicultural toilets” to help ensure Middle Eastern migrants need not adapt to European sanitation norms.

Multiple reports have emerged of recent arrivals finding themselves utterly “mystified” by Western loos.

Some have resorted to doing their business on the floor or outdoors, others have used showers, and many migrants will have never seen toilet paper before.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.faz.net%2Faktuell%2Fpolitik%2Ffluechtlingskrise%2Fdie-multikulti-toilette-ein-klo-das-jeder-benutzen-kann-14043644.html%3FprintPagedArticle%3Dtrue%23aufmacherBildJumpTarget&edit-text=&act=url

They should install some of those Japanese toilets that play music and converse with you just to see what happens imho

I'm frankly bowled over by this completely watertight anecdote. I guess that's the issue completely put to bed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TimmonaPortella
They should install some of those Japanese toilets that play music and converse with you just to see what happens imho

I'm frankly bowled over by this completely watertight anecdote. I guess that's the issue completely put to bed.

I'm sorry but rape is not exclusive to ethnic minority communities or countries
I've been to Arabic countries four different times and I have to say they have better lavatory habits than the West. On top of always having tissues and different kinds of toilets (squatting and sitting ones), they have that hose thing you wash yourself with. Its more hygienic.
Original post by Josb

used to see girls with shorts and tops when I went to Morocco, whilst most women wore hijab and longer dresses. No-one harassed the girls in shorts although they were in the minority, and I think that Muslim and Arabic people are generally really hospitable and don't make you feel alien when you visit their country. Unlike over here where they give you dirty looks ect for wearing merely headscarfs
Reply 39
Original post by MJlover
used to see girls with shorts and tops when I went to Morocco, whilst most women wore hijab and longer dresses. No-one harassed the girls in shorts although they were in the minority, and I think that Muslim and Arabic people are generally really hospitable and don't make you feel alien when you visit their country. Unlike over here where they give you dirty looks ect for wearing merely headscarfs

In the tourist areas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending