The Student Room Group

Kyle's Road to GCSE Success

Scroll to see replies

Hello!

I thought that today I would share results of the mocks which I have back! So without further ado, here they are (I'm not pleased with any of them):

English Literature - A

Maths - B

Biology - C

Chemistry - D

Physics - B

Philosophy and Ethics - C

Unbelievably, everyone in my Philosophy and Ethics class (bar two people) got Us! I have no idea what happened. I luckily got a C and thus passed, but still thoroughly displeased with it.

Today I have a mini pile of work to get on with, literally just the essentials because a) I am sick, and b) my revision schedule starts tomorrow. In this pile is:

Maths Intervention homework sheet

Maths homework sheet

Science Intervention notes to copy up into book

Science notes to copy up into book

From now on, every Sunday (or Monday latest) I will be posting a picture of my revision schedule so as to let you know what I plan to do (and what I end up actually completing! So here is this week's (week commencing the 21st of March):
Hey guys... I'm sorry I haven't been updating here for a while. To tell you all the truth, I hit a hurdle. I got sick. I was too tired to do any revision, and then to top it off I got not-so-great mock results. I do, however, believe they're an improvement on November's mocks. So, I guess I'm going in the right direction. I'll give you the subject - mock grade - overall grade (with coursework if applicable):

English Literature - B - A

Maths B - B

Biology C - C

Chemistry - D - D

Physics - C - B

History - A - A

Philosophy and Ethics - C -C

Spanish - B - B

I went into these mocks with the intention to get at last Bs in every subject. This didn't happen in three of them. Therefore I have lowered my intention. I just want to pass all of my exams come the summer. I want to get A's in the subjects I'm following on to A-level though (English, Philosophy, and History) which I think is conceivable.
Hey! I can't believe it's been 3 weeks.... But I'm back! There is less than a month for some of my exams. I have my exam timetable and I now know what to prioritize in revision. For my revision, I shall be prioritizing Ethics, Unit 1 of all three Sciences, Spanish, Maths, and English Literature. This is not to say I won't be revising any of the other subjects.

When I got my mock grades back I decided to write out each topic on the exam in either purple, green, orange, or red. In regards to how well I did on that question. This was so I could highlight where I needed to improve. For example:

notes.jpg

I have a lot of work to do today, I couldn't do any of it yesterday because I had intervention at school 9-12, and then I was helping fundraising for a local football team that my brother plays for, for the rest of the day. So today I need to (for homework):

Complete 2 past exam papers for Maths

Edit History coursework (is at A* but is too long)

Do a couple of questions on a past History paper

Write body paragraphs of a Poetry question for English

Ideally I'd also like to:

Finish off the A3 posters I was given in Philosophy and Ethics intervention yesterday

Revise Unit 1 Biology

Revise Unit 1 Chemistry

Go through some more of my Spanish Workbook

Thanks for reading! I'm back!
Original post by Look DoNot Touch
Hey! I can't believe it's been 3 weeks.... But I'm back! There is less than a month for some of my exams. I have my exam timetable and I now know what to prioritize in revision. For my revision, I shall be prioritizing Ethics, Unit 1 of all three Sciences, Spanish, Maths, and English Literature. This is not to say I won't be revising any of the other subjects.

When I got my mock grades back I decided to write out each topic on the exam in either purple, green, orange, or red. In regards to how well I did on that question. This was so I could highlight where I needed to improve. For example:

notes.jpg
I have a lot of work to do today, I couldn't do any of it yesterday because I had intervention at school 9-12, and then I was helping fundraising for a local football team that my brother plays for, for the rest of the day. So today I need to (for homework):

Complete 2 past exam papers for Maths

Edit History coursework (is at A* but is too long)

Do a couple of questions on a past History paper

Write body paragraphs of a Poetry question for English

Ideally I'd also like to:

Finish off the A3 posters I was given in Philosophy and Ethics intervention yesterday

Revise Unit 1 Biology

Revise Unit 1 Chemistry

Go through some more of my Spanish Workbook

Thanks for reading! I'm back!

Hey there :smile: You've done a lot of work well done to you :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey there :smile: You've done a lot of work well done to you :smile:

Thank you! Though nearly not as much as I should have!
Hello guys! I can't believe it's been two weeks. I've been so caught up in school lately, they've bombarded us with work, and I've properly kicked myself into actually revising properly.

Whilst I was 'revising' I wasn't nearly as much as I should have, and the realisation that the exams are so fast approaching has hit me like a truck. I've been busy because the school have been making us do mock exams for maths. The first one was Thursday, and the next one is tomorrow I got a B on the one I did on Thursday (somehow my Maths teacher managed to mark them all within three hours).

My first exam is the 16th of May, and is Ethics!

Today, rather than revise, I decided to sit in the garden and due to the mini heatwave that was happening! (It was like 28 degrees! Glorious.) It was great, but now my arms are burnt!

Tonight, I am going to write some more notes on Evolution.
Hello!

It's been over three months! I thought that I should write a closing message on this blog.

This year, my school achieved its highest results in it's history. This we were told a few minutes before the results were given to us. I was the first person to receive my results in my school. Our school wrote our results down on a separate piece of paper and colour coded it, with purple being the top. I got a purple bit of paper. I didn't open my envelope immediately, after having a breakdown last night, and almost crying this morning on multiple occasions, I was too scared to. But I did open them. And they weren't good results, but I am content with them because I thought I was going to fail multiple subjects; but I passed everything. Here they are:

English Literature: A
Mathematics: B
Biology: C
Chemistry: C
Physics: B
History: B
ICT: Distinction
PE: Distinction
Philosophy and Ethics: A
Spanish: B

Those combined with the GCSEs I did last year conjoin to make 15 GCSEs! To me, that is blooming insane! I was worried I wouldn't pass Maths or Chemistry, but I did both! I even got top of the class in Philosophy and Ethics! I got the grades that I need to continue on at Sixth Form next year, studying English Language & Literature, History, Philosophy, and Psychology! I'm immensely proud of myself.

So, I'd like to say a massive thank you. Without this blog I wouldn't have been able to survive through this period, despite the fact I stopped blogging here in May due to my increasing stress and the fact I wanted to just continue revising every waking moment, this blog helped me. Thank you Grow Your Grades, thank you The Student Room, and thank you to you! I couldn't have succeeded as I did without you.

Thank you for reading my blog and following my journey. Kyle out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending