The Student Room Group

Is it possible for me to achieve my ideal grade?

I'm at the end of year 10 and have recently gotten an absolute abomination of a maths result which physically made me sick. I want to go to Oxbridge ideally but my report grade was below a pass as my teacher marks two grades down from what he thinks you would get if you sat GCSEs now. I got a Grade 2 in my report and ideally i need a 6 in maths , is this possible?
Reply 1
totally! so I'm guessing you got an actual grade 4? that's road to success!
make sure you attend revision sessions if your school provides it or get tutoring if you can. I also recommend really focusing on your maths homework and completing any work from class that you didn't finish at home.
a good website I recommend is mathsgenie as it has videos, practice questions and answers for practice.
overall please look at videos on YouTube if you don't understand anything or even better ask a teacher to help you. the internet is a great thing so take advantage of it!
if there are any maths problems you are struggling with please forward them as I'm a maths tutor :P
good luck!
Reply 2
Hey don't let it get to you. You can absolutely get that grade up to a 6. Maths is hard and we all have bad days, but if you really work on it, and once you've had a little time to process the grade and form an action plan this is totally achievable. I know how soul crushing it can feel to get a result you weren't expecting but you still have A LOT of time ahead of you. I'm not saying work every day of your summer holiday but once you've had some time to process things go through that test. Make sure you understand where and why you went wrong. Over the summer maybe put aside an hour a week to focus on topics you struggle with. Trust me, this will be a lot more than other people your age will be doing. You can do a bit more than that if you feel necessary but please don't overwork yourself. You don't want to feel burnt out before year 11 has even begun. I'd recommend gcse maths tutor youtube chanel and Corbett maths and maths genie for past papers too. I learnt so much in year 11 as well so really don't panic you have lots of time ahead of you. Make a bit of you time and try to come to term with what's happened then form an action plan. If you use the next few weeks wisely you can definitely get that 6 if not higher. Best of luck.

Caotica
g if u start revising and get on top of doing maths u can achieve higher than a 6. obviously in foundation the highest u can get is a 5. so try and get on higher paper. good luck you got this. just bang revision and ensure to do practice papers.

Quick Reply

Latest