The Student Room Group

Urgent Problem - Ucas Error

Hey everyone,

At least 1 1/2 weeks ago I submitted my firm and insurance offers to "UCL" and "Loughborough".

I got confirmation that my choices had been selected and processed etc, but I signed on today to find every single choice of uni has been declined?

It is like i never selected my firm and insurance... but I got confirmation that I had done so!

Does anyone have ideas? I really don't know where I stand as I am now without any university.

Regards,

Rob
Reply 1
You need to call UCAS. That's about all you can do.
Reply 2
Yeah I thought about this... Cannot get hold of them at the moment as it's closed, I am really worried my place will be automatically sent to someone else!

Rob
Reply 3
I'm sure they'll understand the mix-up; errors happen. Give them a call first thing tomorrow morning and they'll sort it out for you.
Any more ideas on this problem?
Reply 5
My friend told me you have to select firm and insurance and then decline the other universities. I did not decline from memory, but surely if you have chose a FIRM and an INSURANCE there are no further choices to make therefore the system should automatically decline the unselected offers?

Seems like a poor way to validate such an important piece of form selection as it could change someone's life.

Oh well, thanks for your help everyone! I will ring them first thing tomorrow (fingers crossed)

Rob
Zuney.Net
That could be what it was then. If you only chose your firm and insurance and didn't decline the others, it might have been an invalid reply and because you obviously didn't reply again properly before your deadline, your offers have now automatically been withdrawn. UCAS should be able to sort it out for you tomorrow morning though. Good luck!
Reply 7
My friend only selected her firm and insurance and didn't decline all the others and it wouldn't let her submit her choices in that way, it just kept coming up with an error message until she had a firm/insurance/decline choice on ALL her universities, so I doubt that's the reason why this has happened to you. People have probably made far worse errors though, so don't worry and just phone UCAS when you can.
Reply 8
Rexehuk
Hey everyone,

At least 1 1/2 weeks ago I submitted my firm and insurance offers to "UCL" and "Loughborough".

I got confirmation that my choices had been selected and processed etc, but I signed on today to find every single choice of uni has been declined?

It is like i never selected my firm and insurance... but I got confirmation that I had done so!

Does anyone have ideas? I really don't know where I stand as I am now without any university.

Regards,

Rob

Sounds like UCAS has screwed up Track again. What sort of confirmation have you received, if it is mail or an email, then you are definitely in as UCAS have completely screwed up.
Reply 9
I was hoping to receive a letter... one never came which was very odd. The fact is I KNOW i submitted the UCAS due to a friend saying he had submitted his which then led me to submit mine. Once I submitted it and it said I had made my choices I told my friend who then laughed because he lied about selecting his final choices.

Anyway I will give them a ring at 9am as they are open later today than usual.

Thank you for your help everyone!

Rob

Latest

Trending

Trending