The Student Room Group

Coming out on 'TheOtherSide.' with egg-cellent GCSEs...

Scroll to see replies

Greedy
Chickens
Secrete
Eggs
Original post by Ethereal World
Greedy
Chickens
Secrete
Eggs

:clap2:
Geese Create Sizeable Eggs
Tuesday 16th February

Carry on with P1 notes

15 minutes of Vocab Express for French

Memorise at least 15 quotes from To Kill a Mockingbird (I sort of read the quotes, then ended up reading the book)

Physics Unit 1 June 2012 Paper (Got 50/60, which equates to an A* - I'm glad that the boundaries are so low...)

(I really don't think that the gravity of the situation has settled in for me yet, but hopefully, it will soon)
(edited 8 years ago)
Wednesday 17th February

I've started with Biology Unit 1 already, but I'm hoping to finish it soon (I still haven't finished it - it will be one of my priorities for tomorrow)

Make notes for at least one set work in Music (I might have been able to do more than one, but oh well...)

Research on the electrolysis of aluminium

Tonight, I'm really going to have to keep anion the time if I want to get through the whole list.
(edited 8 years ago)
I got the same exam dates as you, except I have already sat French and German GCSE but good luck
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Tuesday 16th February

Carry on with P1 notes

15 minutes of Vocab Express for French

Memorise at least 15 quotes from To Kill a Mockingbird (I sort of read the quotes, then ended up reading the book)

Physics Unit 1 June 2012 Paper (Got 50/60, which equates to an A* - I'm glad that the boundaries are so low...)

(I really don't think that the gravity of the situation has settled in for me yet, but hopefully, it will soon)

When you exclaim that you memorise quotes from the book, dont you have an open book exam for your Literature exam?
Original post by Oblivion99
When you exclaim that you memorise quotes from the book, dont you have an open book exam for your Literature exam?

Not in our exam board - we do WJEC English, which has closed book examinations. It just means that I have to put way more into my Literature prep.
Not in our exam board - we do WJEC English, which has closed book examinations. It just means that I have to put way more into my Literature prep.

That sucks, it should be an open book exam but good luck, despite so, you'll surely do good. Hopefully they mark leniently due to this,
That sucks, it should be an open book exam but good luck, despite so, you'll surely do good. Hopefully they mark leniently due to this,

I don't think WJEC are known for being lenient :erm:

To be honest, I don't know why our school chose this as an exam board, when having an open book exam would have been much better.
I don't think WJEC are known for being lenient :erm:

To be honest, I don't know why our school chose this as an exam board, when having an open book exam would have been much better.

I do AQA, but AQA is so bad especially when it comes to English Language! :frown:
I do AQA, but AQA is so bad especially when it comes to English Language! :frown:

I wouldn't know, since WJEC is our exam board for both lit and lang. I'm sure you'll do fine in your exams, though. Don't worry :biggrin:
I wouldn't know, since WJEC is our exam board for both lit and lang. I'm sure you'll do fine in your exams, though. Don't worry :biggrin:

Same to you! All the best :smile:

P.s what did you get in mocks?
Same to you! All the best :smile:

P.s what did you get in mocks?

That's in the first page: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3877201

But if you can't be bothered to look, I got 5 A*s, 4 As and a B (in History, which I should be focusing on)
:woo: Hatch your Grades :woo:
Alright, so I've finally taken the time to make my own Grow your Grades blog, which I really hope will help me (maybe even other TSRians - who knows...). And I know that I really need this because I'll probably just carry on procrastinating without something to aim for.

My Situation Right Now:
Not much to say, really. So far, I've not been motivated enough to properly revise for my GCSEs. Even with the first exam starting

Mock GCSE Results vs. Target (Orange = below target Green = on target)

Maths A* (A*)
English Language A* (A*)
English Literature A (A)
Biology A (A*)
Chemistry A* (A*)
Physics A (A*)
French A* (A*)
German A* (A*)
History B (A)
Music A (A*)
Exam Timetable:

Spoiler

Links to Days:
Monday 15th February
Tuesday 16th February
Wednesday 17th February

If anybody is actually reading this blog, I'm wondering what you think GCSE should actually stand for :holmes:

Spoiler

Your posts are fantastic, very colourful and extremely well documented - your help would be very much appreciated: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511
Original post by brainzistheword
Your posts are fantastic, very colourful and extremely well documented - your help would be very much appreciated: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511

I just saw your thread, and well done on those fantastic grades! I seriously think I could learn a lot from you...
I just saw your thread, and well done on those fantastic grades! I seriously think I could learn a lot from you...

Cheers for that - I think we could both learn a lot from each other :biggrin:

Good luck in your exams
Original post by brainzistheword
Cheers for that - I think we could both learn a lot from each other :biggrin:

Good luck in your exams

Thank you very much! It's great to see that you've got such a great work ethic - I'm trying to get more motivated, since this week is actually the first week I've properly bothered to revise (if I'd prepared more for my mocks, I might have done a lot better). What I'm finding is helping me is the TSR study session thread (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3896671 if you haven't seen it yet).

What do you find keeps you most motivated?
Love your blog, well done on your mocks :biggrin:
You have such a good work ethic which I think I lack haha.
If you have time, could you check mine out and give me any advice? :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3868901
Original post by surina16
Love your blog, well done on your mocks :biggrin:
You have such a good work ethic which I think I lack haha.
If you have time, could you check mine out and give me any advice? :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3868901

I really don't know what you're talking about by my work ethic - I think I've done about 10 hours' worth of revision altogether. Your blog looks great, by the way! I'm going to be taking an hour off TSR now, though, so I'll reply later :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending