The Student Room Group

Coming out on 'TheOtherSide.' with egg-cellent GCSEs...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheOtherSide.
I really don't know what you're talking about by my work ethic - I think I've done about 10 hours' worth of revision altogether. Your blog looks great, by the way! I'm going to be taking an hour off TSR now, though, so I'll reply later :biggrin:

No, you seem so motivated to do well! Well done on the 10 hours - pretty sure that's much more than I've done :biggrin:
And good luck, since I guess that the hour break is for revision :tongue:
Original post by surina16
No, you seem so motivated to do well! Well done on the 10 hours - pretty sure that's much more than I've done :biggrin:
And good luck, since I guess that the hour break is for revision :tongue:

It was... and then I ended up going through work experience stuff :colondollar:
It was... and then I ended up going through work experience stuff :colondollar:

same, same I keep getting distracted by work experience :colondollar::redface:
same, same I keep getting distracted by work experience :colondollar::redface:

Have you gotten a place anywhere yet? I'm guessing not?
Have you gotten a place anywhere yet? I'm guessing not?

I think I've managed to get a day and a half shadowing GPs :redface:
You?
I think I've managed to get a day and a half shadowing GPs :redface:
You?

Nothing so far :s-smilie:
I guess finding engineering work experience is just too difficult (or I'm doing something wrong).
Nothing so far :s-smilie:
I guess finding engineering work experience is just too difficult (or I'm doing something wrong).

No it's true, I heard that engineering work experience is really hard. Medical stuff is so hard as well because of age & confidentiality so I'll probably do most of mine next summer :/
Thank you very much! It's great to see that you've got such a great work ethic - I'm trying to get more motivated, since this week is actually the first week I've properly bothered to revise (if I'd prepared more for my mocks, I might have done a lot better). What I'm finding is helping me is the TSR study session thread (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3896671 if you haven't seen it yet).

What do you find keeps you most motivated?

Most of my motivation has just been thinking about what getting good grades can lead to but at the moment I have a bit extra to spur me on because of school. Recently, we've had some new teachers and one in particular doesn't seem to like me and gives me the impression that she thinks I have an attitude, even though I've never been in trouble. So basically at the minute I am trying to work my socks off so I can return to the school in a few years time and prove to them how wrong they were. I know I probably shouldn't take it to heart but it seems to be a good boost for motivation.
Original post by brainzistheword
Most of my motivation has just been thinking about what getting good grades can lead to but at the moment I have a bit extra to spur me on because of school. Recently, we've had some new teachers and one in particular doesn't seem to like me and gives me the impression that she thinks I have an attitude, even though I've never been in trouble. So basically at the minute I am trying to work my socks off so I can return to the school in a few years time and prove to them how wrong they were. I know I probably shouldn't take it to heart but it seems to be a good boost for motivation.

Well, it's very clear that you're proving those teachers wrong anyway, so I suppose that's a good thing :h:

If you carry on like this, there's honestly no reason for you to worry at all.
No it's true, I heard that engineering work experience is really hard. Medical stuff is so hard as well because of age & confidentiality so I'll probably do most of mine next summer :/

That's what I'm thinking too, plus going to taster lessons and stuff (if I can).
Well, it's very clear that you're proving those teachers wrong anyway, so I suppose that's a good thing :h:

If you carry on like this, there's honestly no reason for you to worry at all.

Thank you. The only reason I have to worry is because of the medical stuff I have can be very unpredictable and it's a big concern, considering I just found out that the school have been unaware of it all this time, despite having meetings and everything :angry:

Anyways, rant over - back to revision :redface:
Thursday 18th February

Finish bio unit 1 notes

Write and explain quotes for at least three characters in TKAM

Do at least one sheet of my bio homework

Make notes on set work 2 (I got a headache, so I did this the day after)

I'll be so relieved once I've finch-ed all this.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Thursday 18th February

Finish bio unit 1 notes

Write and explain quotes for at least three characters in TKAM

Do at least one sheet of my bio homework

Make notes on set work 2

I'll be so relieved once I've finch-ed all this.

Spoiler

are you doing all of this starting now?? :redface:
Original post by defenestrated
are you doing all of this starting now?? :redface:

Nah, forgot to mention - I've finished bio notes and I'm almost done with TKAM. Yeah... there's no way I'd get through all of that in three hours.
Original post by brainzistheword
Thank you. The only reason I have to worry is because of the medical stuff I have can be very unpredictable and it's a big concern, considering I just found out that the school have been unaware of it all this time, despite having meetings and everything :angry:

Anyways, rant over - back to revision :redface:

It took them this long to realise you had a medical condition? Hope everything gets sorted soon.

I hope revision goes well!
Nah, forgot to mention - I've finished bio notes and I'm almost done with TKAM. Yeah... there's no way I'd get through all of that in three hours.

yeah I was thinking that's a lot to do :tongue: good luck with what you have left:smile:
yeah I was thinking that's a lot to do :tongue: good luck with what you have left:smile:

Thanks :biggrin: Hope your studying goes well, if you're doing that now :tongue:
It took them this long to realise you had a medical condition? Hope everything gets sorted soon.

I hope revision goes well!

Yep, it's nice to know they are organised, anyhow, I'm sure it'll be fine and I hope your revision goes well too :smile:
Thanks :biggrin: Hope your studying goes well, if you're doing that now :tongue:

I'm taking a "break" :innocent: has this blog helped in terms of motivation??
I'm taking a "break" :innocent: has this blog helped in terms of motivation??

It actually has, kind of. I mean, I really don't feel like breaking my streak of daily blog updates...

Ooh, and anon's thread:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3896671

Seriously, go there if you're lacking motivation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending