The Student Room Group

Middle name not on exam certificates

So basically I am going to sit my A levels this year and the name registered in the school system is only my first and last name. I have a middle name that is written on my birth certificate but it is not incouded on my GCSE certificates either. Do you think this will cause any problems with my UCAS applications?
Nope, you should be completely fine. :h:
It was fine for me. It went through UCAS without a hitch, and I've had a few interviews at some dental schools and when they looked over them, they didn't raise any concerns.
What happened in the end was there any issues? I’m currently in the same situation.
Thanks in advance.
Reply 4
Original post by EvieDR14
What happened in the end was there any issues? I’m currently in the same situation.
Thanks in advance.

It is not a problem. Many school enter candidates for exams without using the candidates' full names.
Okay thank you, I have just seen on your profile that you are an exams officer, do you know if I can change my certificates so they have my middle name on? The exam boards used were Pearson Edexcel, AQA and OCR.
Original post by Compost
It is not a problem. Many school enter candidates for exams without using the candidates' full names.
Reply 6
Original post by zey123
So basically I am going to sit my A levels this year and the name registered in the school system is only my first and last name. I have a middle name that is written on my birth certificate but it is not incouded on my GCSE certificates either. Do you think this will cause any problems with my UCAS applications?

It would be good to have the whole name on
Reply 7
Original post by EvieDR14
Okay thank you, I have just seen on your profile that you are an exams officer, do you know if I can change my certificates so they have my middle name on? The exam boards used were Pearson Edexcel, AQA and OCR.

It's not that easy as your school's default is without and they can't do a mix without a lot of trouble. Ask the exams officer before 19 September for changes for results this Summer and it MIGHT be possible for free.

Quick Reply

Latest