The Student Room Group

A Level Certificate

I did my a levels last year, and want to apply to a university this year but they have asked for certificates which I don't have, I only have my results sheet. Can anyone explain what I need to do
Hello there!

Your school or college should have your certificates, so you should contact them and arrange to go pick them up.
Original post by fegrgreg
I did my a levels last year, and want to apply to a university this year but they have asked for certificates which I don't have, I only have my results sheet. Can anyone explain what I need to do

You can pay to get copies from the Exam boards. Your old school / college may still have them if you didn't collect so check there first.
Reply 3
Original post by Scotland Yard
Hello there!

Your school or college should have your certificates, so you should contact them and arrange to go pick them up.

How do a-level certificates look, because I've got my GCSE ones but never got one for A-level and even when I google A-level certificates there aren't away, so are they even a thing
How do a-level certificates look, because I've got my GCSE ones but never got one for A-level and even when I google A-level certificates there aren't away, so are they even a thing

They most certainly are a thing :smile:. I have mine stashed away somewhere. They look like... certificates! They'll say the exam board that issued the results, your name, A-Level and the grade you achieved.
Hello!
Usually the school/college will keep your certificates for a while until you collect them, so I'd first recommend just dropping them an email or giving them a call to see if they have them still, and then go over and pick them up.
If you do call them, and they no longer have it for whatever reason, I'd recommend you going though the exam board and getting a new copy!
You should have some physical evidence of completing your course, and given that you sat your exams last year, you should have had the prompt to collect them by now.
Kind regards,
Courtney H
Reply 6
They most certainly are a thing :smile:. I have mine stashed away somewhere. They look like... certificates! They'll say the exam board that issued the results, your name, A-Level and the grade you achieved.

do you get all 3 a levels on 1 sheet of paper

You tend to get a sheet from each of the boards you sat A levels from
Reply 8

for AQA does it say 'General Certificate of Education'
for AQA does it say 'General Certificate of Education'

Why do you ask?
Reply 10
Why do you ask?

as I need to ask my school on Monday for which one

If you just ask for your A level certificates they will know what you are talking about

You just need to call your school and say you want to collect your A-Level certificates, no need to specify anything else.
Reply 13
will I have to pay for anything
If your school has your certificates, no. If you need to go to the exam board to get a copy of them, then you will need to pay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending