The Student Room Group

If you could make a spin off of any show- what show would it be and why?

If you could make a spin off of any show- what show would it be?
And why?
I don't think I'd want to ruin my show with a spin off, just look at Joey lol
Beyblades because puntastic.

Or just erm, The Flash but it migh kind of ruin it. Come to think of it, most shows I watch would be ruined by a spin off ... So not sure.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
A spin-off of Countdown entitled, The Final Countdown.

This would still involve the famous big clock and "clock countdown" theme music, but instead of having a mere thirty seconds to come up with the longest word/a means of arriving at a randomly selected, specific number from a random assortment of letters/numbers, the contestants now have thirty minutes to diffuse a nuclear bomb that is set to destroy the entire Earth in a cataclysmic nuclear explosion before the timer runs out.
A spinoff of Power Rangers were Zordon joins a musical theatre group and plays Javert in Les Mis.

Original post by Emma:-)
If you could make a spin off of any show- what show would it be?
And why?

Utopia gets my vote, because that show was too damn good to get cancelled. More backstory on The Network would be really cool.
Reply 6
Spin off of Friends about Gunther
Id make a spin off of either dinnerladies or keeping up appearances. It would be nice to see what the characters are up to nowadays.
Reply 8
Gossip girl bc it was awesome and i was sad when it ended :frown:
Not particularly a spin off but I'd have changed 24 so that every two seasons the main character and organisation they worked for changed. As opposed to routinely following the more and more absurdly skilled Jack Bauer destroy a multitude of terrorist organisations and government conspiracies on his own in little over a week.

I'd possibly use the clout Arrow has to do a spin off for Constantine to restart that show because it was awesome.

A Game of Thrones spin off set during Roberts Rebellion or Aegon Targaryen's conquest would also be interesting.

Finally, I'd probably do a spin off of True Blood, the show clearly referred to global rammifications of the characters actions but we never get to see it. A True Blood series set in a European city could show the far reaching ramifications of the main series actions, the old architecture could be looked at in different ways based on immortal vampire knowledge of history and I could never really see these 1000+ vampires being that fussed with the US given they're older than the US.

Most shows I watch would only be deminished by the presence of another story.
A spin off of Sherlock focusing on the life of Mycroft. He is an interesting character and it would be an intriguing insight.
Kenan & Kel! :biggrin: A spin-off should follow Kel as he strikes out on his own. Would be hilarious to see the messes he gets into and maybe even ending up in therapy for his addiction to orange soda, lol. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest