The Student Room Group

why are asians (pakistanis) all about money

Like i can understand some of their parents may come from poverished backgrounds and want their children to do well but whats with the showing off with money, cars and property? why do they always act better than each other ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saqua
Like i can understand some of their parents may come from poverished backgrounds and want their children to do well but whats with the showing off with money, cars and property? why do they always act better than each other ?

You are going to get destroyed here for making a negative generalization - even though what you say is very common.
idk i think its in the culture to show off what you have, like how much money you have is your value. but dont generalise
Just common in asian cultures
Original post by Saqua

I'm Pakistani and I can list many examples of that you've said from 'my community' but I don't think you'll get any reason specific to why some pakistanis do this, it's the same reason why anyone shows off regardless of culture or skin colour.
Reply 5
They have small penises, so they have to have SOMETHING to attract the ladies with. Money works well.
Why are *some
Don't make generalisations
Pakistanis or rich pakistanis? Or it could be just rich people in general?
Reply 8
Pakistanis as a whole are not a rich or affluent community, so most will not have a lot of money, the ones who do probably are showing off because it's rare for them to have a lot of money and also being arrogant.
Idk man, they give me 25p less of the amount I need back when I'm in the corner shop to save them more money
Reply 10
Why the heck is this in Faith and Spirituality Forum??
Original post by slade p
Pakistanis as a whole are not a rich or affluent community, so most will not have a lot of money, the ones who do probably are showing off because it's rare for them to have a lot of money and also being arrogant.

It's the difference between the Kennedy family and the Kardashians.
Original post by xianlong
Nouveau riche mentality. U only notice it in asians cos asia is on the rise so loads of us are getting rich and wanna show off

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some do have this mentality, yes. Certainly I'll likely have more money than b my peers, but I'd much rather invest that cash
Wow :laugh: this thread is ignorant
What's really funny is majority of Pakistanis are Muslim,
Islam teaches (or is supposed to) humbleness, and the dangers associated with pride, arrogance and boasting.

Personally I think it'd be naive to consider it an ethnic thing,
probably has much more to do with upbringing, social groups, influences etc etc..

You are a product of your environment :^_^:
so boring. work hard, play hard imo

I'd rather not show off... I'd also rather a nice house tbh
Original post by Saqua

I agree.

Also, tbh I quite like having a large safety net, and I know that this way I can help parents too.
Reply 18
I know right.

This one Pakistani asked me if I was Pakistani due to me having a Muslim name!

I hate when Pakistanis think all good looking dark haired men are Pakistani like them.:colonhash:

It offended me.:shock:
Original post by Saqua

They do medcin i thonk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending