The Student Room Group

All about Eric Piphany

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vesniep
I know .
Well pretty good I guess, although I'm always uncertain about how to mark them .
How about you ? How is STEP I going?

not bad but gotta improve more, gotta shorten my timings. U got S last yyr right ?
Original post by Duke Glacia
not bad but gotta improve more, gotta shorten my timings. U got S last yyr right ?

Yes , but it was borderline and it was STEP I , so it doesn't mean I'll do great in STEP II,III .
We'll see soon.
I have a problem with time as well . I want to be very accurate on what I'm writting and I'm spending so much time on each question especially in III. But I'm improving .
Original post by Vesniep
Do all Cambridge math offerholders have a thread talking about themselves ? ... HmmAnyway you seem to be one of the most friendly and normal :wink: Btw is Chemistry part of your offer or do you study it just for knowledge's sake ?

I think it's a TSR thing. There's a wider group of people that have these blogs I believe.
Thanks, I'm flattered :colondollar: My offer includes an A in Physics or Chemistry, so it both is and isn't. And Chemistry is really interesting. I've really built up a taste for the subject.
Original post by EricPiphany
I think it's a TSR thing. There's a wider group of people that have these blogs I believe.
Thanks, I'm flattered :colondollar: My offer includes an A in Physics or Chemistry, so it both is and isn't. And Chemistry is really interesting. I've really built up a taste for the subject.

Of course Chemistry is awesome . I thought it was an awful subject because in my country the syllabus is awful but A-levels are so much greater.
I started in March and I now I think it's a very elegant science.
Did you prove the 109.5 angle in methane ?
It could be a nice STEP question
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vesniep
Of course Chemistry is awesome . I thought it was an awful subject because in my country the syllabus is awful but A-levels are so much greater.
I started in March and I now I think it's a very elegant science.
Did you prove the 109.5 angle in methane ?
It could be a nice STEP question

I do remember having a go at that. Was it 2arcsin2/32 \arcsin \sqrt{2/3}? :smile:
I do remember having a go at that. Was it 2arcsin2/32 \arcsin \sqrt{2/3}? :smile:

Yep , I found it arccos(-1/3) but it's the same .

Now it's your turn , tell me something cool that you learned in chemistry.
Original post by Vesniep
Yep , I found it arccos(-1/3) but it's the same .

Now it's your turn , tell me something cool that you learned in chemistry.

Oh idk... everything :wink: Isn't it amazing that the concentrations of species in a dynamic equilibrium always satisfy a constant Kc K_c expression? I have no idea how that works...

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Oh idk... everything :wink: Isn't it amazing that the concentrations of species in a dynamic equilibrium always satisfy a constant Kc K_c expression? I have no idea how that works...

Of course it changes with temperature .
Actually I found that interesting as well so I asked my teacher to give me extra notes : these stuff are extremely cool they use differential equations and statistical mechanics in a more advanced level , I'd like to study the basics in summer :smile: ...although after STEPs its preferable to just go to the beach (I'll have a dilemma).
The thing is ... they make sense mathematically speaking which is awesome.
Original post by Vesniep
Of course it changes with temperature .
Actually I found that interesting as well so I asked my teacher to give me extra notes : these stuff are extremely cool they use differential equations and statistical mechanics in a more advanced level , I'd like to study the basics in summer :smile: ...although after STEPs its preferable to just go to the beach (I'll have a dilemma).
The thing is ... they make sense mathematically speaking which is awesome.

The differential equations aren't taught at A Level Chemistry, but it's quite easy to set them up and solve them (the basic ones) using A Level maths.
Ye, things like the Kc expression follow eventually from collision theory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending