The Student Room Group

What's your best and worst Valentine's Day experience? - Win a £10 Amazon Voucher!

Win It Wednesday is back for a Valentine's edition! What's your best and/or worst Valentine's Day experience? :date:

How are you celebrating it this Sunday? Or do you think it's a load of rubbish?

Post your reply below for a chance to win a £10 Amazon Voucher! :king1: :redrose:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got left with the bill and they broke up with me on Valentines Day
My best one was last year where I really liked someone who I've now ended up with and we're sharing this Valentine's Day together. I don't really have a worst one, I suppose when I was younger and single with no one special to celebrate it with. I've been rather lucky :smile:
I turn 26 in April and have never had a Valentine. So my worst experience is always a week before the next Valentine's day comes around realising that I'm single and it's going to happen a g a i n.

But obviously being single is awesome and empowering and yawn yawn yawn.
Well my best experience is waiting till the 15th and getting all the discounted chocolate #lifegoals
I was 15 and met with my then GF in London as was our custom (we were not yet tired of life). After meeting, kissing for a while and going for a slow walk in the early morning air we sat to have some breakfast. I looked her deep in the eyes and pulled from my pocket a ring box. I reached over and held her hand, telling her that she looked to me more beautiful each time I saw her, and that it would always be the case. She looked at the box, shocked, and then looked at me with wonder. A cool breeze caught the ends of her hair and ordered them to dance with the wind. She took the box and slowly opened it. Inside was something she had not expected, something that caused her heart to jolt...a note saying "you wish" from her idiot boyfriend who thought it would be a funny thing to do on Valentine's Day.

She didn't speak to me for a little while but the day ended up being really nice. We were actually going away for the weekend and staying in a hotel so if she had not forgiven me it would have been fairly awkward :lol:
I would say last year's was best, but at the risk of sounding corny, I think this year will top that. Whilst I have a few things planned for the day, the fact that I'm getting to spend it with someone I'm completely in love with is enough to make it the best one so far, whatever we do.

That said, I will update this when I can say plans without giving the game away :mmm:
When I have one I'll let you know
Original post by shadowdweller
I would say last year's was best, but at the risk of sounding corny, I think this year will top that. Whilst I have a few things planned for the day, the fact that I'm getting to spend it with someone I'm completely in love with is enough to make it the best one so far, whatever we do.

That said, I will update this when I can say plans without giving the game away :mmm:

But :cry2:
Reply 9
Am I the cynic of the thread? I personally think Valentine's is a waste of time and money - and so does my boyfriend, which is great! So we'll be spending this Sunday doing what we usually do: uni work and talking. :h:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
But :cry2:

Hey, I've managed to keep it a secret for like, 2 months, don't try and sway me when there's only 4 more days :hand: :mmm:
I've never had a valentine but when I was 12, I was playing on club penguin and it happened to be Valentines day. Then this random penguin was following my penguin around the place and asked my penguin out after I noticed he was following me :lol:
Of all the places to feel less lonely on Valentines day, that kid chose club penguin and not school like the other kids. Aww :rofl:
Best date on valentines was when i took a girl for fish and chips with a bottle of champagne on the beach! It was simple but worked, the sunset may have helped too!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Airmed
Am I the cynic of the thread? I personally think Valentine's is a waste of time and money - and so does my boyfriend, which is great! So we'll be spending this Sunday doing what we usually do: uni work and talking. :h:

I agree, total load of shite so the card shops can get more money out of us:angry:.
I bought a gift set for my Maths teacher in 11, 'coincidentally' close to Valentine's Day. :facepalm2: :getmecoat:

Haven't experienced Valentine's day with anyone yet :rofl: :lol: :hide:
Original post by SeanFM
I bought a gift set for my Maths teacher in 11, 'coincidentally' close to Valentine's Day. :facepalm2: :getmecoat:

Haven't experienced Valentine's day with anyone yet :rofl: :lol: :hide:

Spoiler

Original post by ByronicHero

Spoiler

Fraid not, she reported me to my head of year and we never got to integrate. :cry:
Original post by shadowdweller

This is too cute :love:

Original post by BurstingBubbles
My best one was last year where I really liked someone who I've now ended up with and we're sharing this Valentine's Day together. I don't really have a worst one, I suppose when I was younger and single with no one special to celebrate it with. I've been rather lucky :smile:

This is too cute as well! :love: :fan:
some girls are mental. I made her breakfast in bed, watched her sleeping sweetly and took a cheeky polaroid to pin on my wall

not even so much as a thank you! all she could say was "who are you and how the **** did you get into my house?!"
BEST - sitting alone on the sofa in my onesie watching PS I Love You whilst miserable over my enduring lack of boyfriend.

WORST - sitting alone on the sofa in my onesie watching PS I Love You whilst miserable over my enduring lack of boyfriend.

This ritual is something of a tradition :redface:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest