The Student Room Group

What's the best note taking technique?

Scroll to see replies

IS this for college or university? If the later I'd suggest investing in a voice recorder. Then spend your time listening to the lecturer and when you get home start making your notes with the recorded lecture to review. This helps me; furthermore, some universities also have podcasts of their lectures which you should be able to download (but not all unis do this or not all the lectures are recorded).
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Kyx
Rewriting can be fun :redface:

Aha x

Original post by Wingsly
I do rough notes where i write everything i hear (just about), then either straight after/on the same day or at some point during the week ill type it up so its neat and add anything extra from textbook, i guess its not the best technique - its whichever one your best at doing, and can remember the most from

Interesting,but time consuming
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
In one ear, out the other?

Literally yeah :/

Original post by Tiger Rag
At History GCSE, we were told to abreviate some words. So, Ger. was Germany, GB was Great Britain, Fra. was France, etc.

You don't need to write absolutely everything down.

Yh true. I'm ganna do the same
Reply 22
Original post by Random.guy
IS this for college or university? If the later I'd suggest investing in a voice recorder. Then spend your time listening to the lecturer and when you get home start making your notes with the recorded lecture to review. This helps me; furthermore, some universities also have podcasts of their lectures which you should be able to download (but not all unis do this or not all the lectures are recorded).

For both. Nearly finished my last year of College. I'm more into visual than audio
Original post by Anonbabes
Aha x

Interesting,but time consuming

Literally yeah :/

Yh true. I'm ganna do the same

I'll pray for you
Reply 24
I'll pray for you

Thanks :wink:. But seriously like I don't understand it why I can't remember what they've said. Like if they've said something i'll only remember the first 3/4 words.
Thanks :wink:. But seriously like I don't understand it why I can't remember what they've said. Like if they've said something i'll only remember the first 3/4 words.

You don't have to remember word for word, just the main points of what they said.
Reply 26
You don't have to remember word for word, just the main points of what they said.

That's my problem, I write word by word XD
Put the pen in your bum hole and sit on the paper.
Reply 28
Original post by Jamie S
Put the pen in your bum hole and sit on the paper.

Spoiler

Spoiler

"crack"
Reply 30
Original post by Jamie S
"crack"

Nobody got time for that :h:
Original post by Random.guy

That is exactly what i did record the lecture cause it was never uploaded only the slides were but unless it was an online lecture that was the only time there was audio included.
I use the outlining method for Biology. The information links together and it makes it easier to remember and understand. I type up my notes, print them and then memorize them. Use flashcards for the important stuff etc.
Just make sure you understand everything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending