The Student Room Group

is this good way of revising for gsces?

im currently using seneca to revise science, english and maths but im not sure if i should take notes from it
also using websites for maths such as mathswatch, drfrostmaths and mathsgenie - also trying past papers and looking over mock exams
Seneca is a really great resource but don't rely on it 100%. Definitely keep doing past papers - ideally your revision should be 25% reviewing notes and 75% doing questions (that's where the learning happens!). I'd say keep using Seneca for English and Science but focus more on question-based learning for Maths.
Original post by hurtinguser
im currently using seneca to revise science, english and maths but im not sure if i should take notes from it
also using websites for maths such as mathswatch, drfrostmaths and mathsgenie - also trying past papers and looking over mock exams

Hey!
Sorry didn't realise you were already using maths genie on your other question!

With the sciences, there's only a certain amount of types of questions that come up. I would advise to continue doing what you're doing and look at past papers, but also look at model answers too and have a look at what the examiners are looking for. There are usually key words which get you points so if you learn what key words go with what kind of question, and that should hopefully help!
Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by hurtinguser

That's a really great way of revising. I'd say could expand on that by looking at the topics you struggle to remember/do, and taking notes for those/making revision cards for them. It's always worth making a list of things you struggle with, especially after doing a past paper, and then revising that (like with Mathswatch or even with channels like Corbett Maths or The GCSE Maths Tutor).
It is worth taking notes and making revision cards from Seneca especially for English and Science, as that can reinforce your knowledge of everything, you could also revise with other channels like Free Science Lessons, Mr Bruff and Mr Salles. So really, the best thing to do is focus your revision on those things you struggle with, and conglomerate your learning with notes and revision cards and such.

The best things for Maths is practice, and with Sciences and English its exam technique and key words.

I hope that helps! Best of luck with your exams :biggrin:
(edited 12 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest