The Student Room Group

My journey to getting excellent grades at GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Literature was my weakest subject as I was tracking an A/B at first. My coursework got an A so I knew I had to work hard for an A*. So I made notes for every character and theme in novels and did past paper questions to revise. I tried to be original. So I managed the 60/60 in paper 1 and 75/80 in paper 2 which got me a mid/high A*

Wow well done though, did you memorise your quotes? Because i have to and we're not allowed the text books , how did you memorise the quotes and thanks for the help :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
Wow well done though, did you memorise your quotes? Because i have to and we're not allowed the text books , how did you memorise the quotes and thanks for the help :smile:

Yes I memorised some quotes but you should already know key quotes! Memorising just involves writing it again on flashcards then on the other side the answer. Make it interactive!
Hello Mesmorized potato, congratulations for a job well done! You're determined enough to achieve your goals and I confess, that you will. :u:
Original post by lostandfound86
Hello Mesmorized potato, congratulations for a job well done! You're determined enough to achieve your goals and I confess, that you will. :u:

Thank you for the kind words! :smile:
Original post by surina16
Also, what are you doing for A Level? :h:

I know I am very very late but want I want to do is Biology Chemistry Maths and Physics!
Again, very sorry for the super late reply, it was very rude of me to ignore the comment. I didn't see it for some reason until I decided to edit my blog. :smile:
*Review of 4/4/16*
Reviews on topics are just simple read through's as they've all been already learn't revise means literally writing notes. All notes have been done a long time ago so it's on the review stage

History Paper 1 review topic 2 completed on Peacemaking. Only one more topic review left.

History Paper 2 topic 2 past paper done. Will ask teacher to mark as it's subjective.

Chemistry C6 review done.

Past paper's done on C6. 16/21- A* scaled up. Weaknesses, detecting ions. Overall score for C4C5C6 ( common past paper 2014 done on 456) 51/60- A* high. Will read through weaknesses again.

PE theory revision done up to Respiratory system specification points. Only 2 specification systems left.

PE theory past papers done on everything to review content 33/39- A* scaled up.

French Vocabulary revision done on Work and Education.

French listening and reading work done. Reading question 3/4. Listening paper 2/4. Moving onto the AQA endorsed listening and reading booklets to strengthen knowledge. French news also observed.

Maths work on basics like angles, circles, and simple proof.

In general very happy as I got quite a lot of work done and it's fitting with my review schedule so that I can move onto new topics on the 8th April. As long as this continues, I am definitely on track to getting everything fully done. :biggrin:
I know I am very very late but want I want to do is Biology Chemistry Maths and Physics!
Again, very sorry for the super late reply, it was very rude of me to ignore the comment. I didn't see it for some reason until I decided to edit my blog. :smile:

Your doing nearly the same a-levels as me. Except from Physics where i want to do Economics
Your doing nearly the same a-levels as me. Except from Physics where i want to do Economics

Nice! What makes you choose economics? :smile:
Nice! What makes you choose economics? :smile:

I don't even know why I chose that :smile: Haha I chose it because i had no other choice and it's a little bit to do with Maths which i'm good at and i really like it :smile:

*Review of 8/4/16*
(Segment 1 of review done out of 4 today)
Reviews on topics are just simple read through's as they've all been already learn't revise means literally writing notes. All notes have been done a long time ago so it's on the review stage

10 marker done for history on paper 1 topic 2.

RE Paper 1 topic 4/4 review done on Religion and Community Cohesion.

RE Paper 1 topic 4/4 Past paper done, to be marked by teacher due to subjectiveness

History Paper 1 topic 3/3 review completed.

History Paper 1 3/3 past paper completed to be marked by teacher. Now a set of papers done for paper 1!

GCSE PE full review done to end of skeletal system specification. Now done PE fully.

Completed PE past papers- averaging an A* so far, will do more past papers as I had one A performance.

French Vocabulary work on Home and Education + Media

French exam questions done on reading. 5/6 one question. Doing a full paper tomorrow.

That is it for the day! My first segment of review has been completed. Tomorrow I am moving onto a new segment of review which includes different modules and subjects. I definitely want a good start to complete everything I want in the day so I have time to finish everything by the end of the deadline to do them by. Exams are ever more looming! :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)

*Review of 4/4/16*
(Segment 1 of review done out of 4 today)

10 marker done for history on paper 1 topic 2.

RE Paper 1 topic 4/4 review done on Religion and Community Cohesion.

RE Paper 1 topic 4/4 Past paper done, to be marked by teacher due to subjectiveness

History Paper 1 topic 3/3 review completed.

History Paper 1 3/3 past paper completed to be marked by teacher. Now a set of papers done for paper 1!

GCSE PE full review done to end of skeletal system specification. Now done PE fully.

Completed PE past papers- averaging an A* so far, will do more past papers as I had one A performance.

French Vocabulary work on Home and Education + Media

French exam questions done on reading. 5/6 one question. Doing a full paper tomorrow.

That is it for the day! My first segment of review has been completed. Tomorrow I am moving onto a new segment of review which includes different modules and subjects. I definitely want a good start to complete everything I want in the day so I have time to finish everything by the end of the deadline to do them by. Exams are ever more looming! :biggrin:

WOW YOU DO A LOT !! and your motivation is unbelievable :smile: Well done
WOW YOU DO A LOT !! and your motivation is unbelievable :smile: Well done

Thank you! :biggrin:
Thank you! :biggrin:

No worries :smile: You haven't update for a long time , well few days ?
No worries :smile: You haven't update for a long time , well few days ?

I posted yesterday!:smile: I'll do a double update in the evening!
I posted yesterday!:smile: I'll do a double update in the evening!

Oh OK :smile: It's just that i got confused because for the post yesterday you wrote 04/04/16 :smile: Great
*Review of 9/4/16*

1/ Chemistry C2 review done.
2/ C2 past paper attempted 16/17 A*
3/ Chemistry C3 review done.
4/ C3 past paper done. 14/17 Weaknesses: interpretation of data again!
5/ Organised plus printed past papers ready for more questions.
6/ Some read through of C1.
Not as much today because i was slightly busy but I will be getting tons done on the last day of my holiday. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
*Review of 10/4/16*

1) Chemistry review done for C1.
2) Chemistry C1C2C3 past paper done. Achieved 49/60 A*. Weaknesses, stupid errors and nitrogen dioxide production.
3) Physics review of P1.
4) Physics review of P2.
5) Physics P3 started review.
6) P1 + P2 past paper. 36/40 A*
Will be finishing P3 and doing more practise. Also school starts tomorrow so I'll have to plan more from there.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you for the kind words! :smile:

You deserved more than that! :biggrin:
*Review of 11/4/16*
Reviews on topics are just simple read through's as they've all been already learn't revise means literally writing notes. All notes have been done a long time ago so it's on the review stage.

Today was the first day back of school!:smile:

1/ Maths- Practise questions on shape space and measures.
2/ Physics P3 review and now completed full review of Core science.
3/ P1 P2 P3 past paper completed. Score, 52/60- A* Weaknesses: General common sense questions, don't over complicate.
4/ Religous Education Paper 2 unit 8 section 1/4 completed review.
5/ RE Paper 2 unit 8 section 1/4 past paper done to be marked by teacher.
6/ C7 started review, big module!
7/ Always working on French work, will be finishing some vocab memrise work.
8/ French past paper questions.
(edited 7 years ago)
*Review of 8/4/16*
Reviews on topics are just simple read through's as they've all been already learn't revise means literally writing notes. All notes have been done a long time ago so it's on the review stage.

Today was the first day back of school!:smile:

1/ Maths- Practise questions on shape space and measures.
2/ Physics P3 review and now completed full review of Core science.
3/ P1 P2 P3 past paper completed. Score, 52/60- A* Weaknesses: General common sense questions, don't over complicate.
4/ Religous Education Paper 2 unit 8 section 1/4 completed review.
5/ RE Paper 2 unit 8 section 1/4 past paper done to be marked by teacher.
6/ C7 started review, big module!
7/ Always working on French work, will be finishing some vocab memrise work.
8/ French past paper questions.

WELL DONE :smile:
Is it possible for me to an A* in biology if my ISA is an A ? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending