The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I've got one, sorry it's a few too many pages to scan in for you. If you have a reasonable knowledge of the arguments for and against the European Union and the stance of a few political parties, I wouldn't bother. The articles are mainly fairly vague, but there is quite a lot of it, maybe too much to read in the exam. There are a couple of pages of facts and figures and the beginning, but I don't think there's anything too complex to understand on the day.

Good luck
Reply 2
celia
I've got one, sorry it's a few too many pages to scan in for you. If you have a reasonable knowledge of the arguments for and against the European Union and the stance of a few political parties, I wouldn't bother. The articles are mainly fairly vague, but there is quite a lot of it, maybe too much to read in the exam. There are a couple of pages of facts and figures and the beginning, but I don't think there's anything too complex to understand on the day.

Good luck

Ok, cheers. You would have thought it would be on the website but it doesnt seem to be!
Reply 3
Whilst we're on the subject, do you know the the ECU, I think it means European Currency Unit, but I don't think it means the Euro is? It's the unit that the contribution to EU budget is measured in in the first table.
Reply 4
celia
Whilst we're on the subject, do you know the the ECU, I think it means European Currency Unit, but I don't think it means the Euro is? It's the unit that the contribution to EU budget is measured in in the first table.

No idea what it means! Sorry! I just aquired the pre release material from a neighbour which is good though!
Reply 5
"do you know the the ECU, I think it means European Currency Unit"

it was originally an accounting unit for the community's internal budget before the euro was introduced. i wasnt aware it was still in use as i thought it was replaced by the euro.
Reply 6
Thanks, I just found that too.

Also, I just found out that the 2001 Weights and measures regulations will make it a criminal offence to mention imperial measurements in trade, public saftey, public health and admin purposes! How absurd... wow the things general studies is teaching me!
Reply 7
just skipped thro the material its a bit long. i do europe in about 3 of my modules in my other subjects :s-smilie:

not really sure if we need to know exactly what the ECU is
I have no pre-released material whatsoever. Why didn't my school give it to me?! Is there not an AQA spec A and B...?
Reply 9
Is this AQA A spec and not B spec?
Reply 10
Emma Louise
I have no pre-released material whatsoever. Why didn't my school give it to me?! Is there not an AQA spec A and B...?
Heh, looks like I just answered you Q, yes there is! I think this is A spec, but I wanna be sure!
Ok, different question!

Was your last General Studies paper on the 17th with five questions, 12 marks each... Q1 about the Press being too intrusive Q2 can't remember... Q3 Good policing..... etc etc??
Reply 12
no. our last ones were on the same day - maths, science and technology (multi choice questions and essay) and the arts (french multi choice and arts essay).
Reply 13
any chance of any1 posting this pre-release up... pleeez?
Reply 14
I've lost my pre-release! I remember something about the contributions given and the GDP of each country in the EU, but that's about it.

Latest