The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Contact the uni directly asap! Depending on the course and which uni it is, they mite b okay with deferring but they dont have to! Good luck!:wink:
Reply 2
He needs to contact his firm and insurance (if applicable) and ask them if they will defer his offer. They're not under any obligation to do this though.
i think the deadline is right up to the start of term. definitely until after results come through.

i did this a few years ago, leeds and sheffield didn't even ask my reasons for deferring, they just let me :smile: so he should be fine.
You can defer up to results day, but I'd ask sooner rather than later because come results day, they'll be swamped with many more important things to sort out.
JellyBelly2007
Ok thanks, i'll let him know!

One last question, since he is deferring to next year (2008), does he still have to get the grades he needs this year by August 31st (2007)?

He is thinking about re-sitting the second year of the course he is doing at the moment next year, which means he won't get his overall results until August (2008)!

I think with deferred offers, you still have to get the grades the year before you go, but I'm not 100% sure about that, so he should check with the uni or UCAS. If he doesn't get the grades, they might let him in anyway, and if they don't, he'll just have to reapply while resitting during his gap year.

Latest

Trending

Trending