The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Chemistry at Cardiff University? And Deferred entry?

Hi all! I am thinking of applying to Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry at Cardiff and was wondering what peoples experience with the course was! Cardiff is at the moment looking to be my number one university, because for some reason everything I see about it makes me feel excited and happy, which isn’t the case for university in general because the whole thing gives me quite a lot of anxiety. But I don’t want to get my hopes up and find it’s completely different when I get there so I’d like to hear your honest opinions, thank you! I am also potentially interested in biological or biochemistry degrees, so if anyone has any comments about that, that would be helpful too! Thank you :smile:

And also, do people know about how lenient Cardiff is in terms of deferred entry? Should I apply for deferred entry directly or ask to defer if I get accepted? Thank you again!
Original post by raindropxox
Hi all! I am thinking of applying to Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry at Cardiff and was wondering what peoples experience with the course was! Cardiff is at the moment looking to be my number one university, because for some reason everything I see about it makes me feel excited and happy, which isn’t the case for university in general because the whole thing gives me quite a lot of anxiety. But I don’t want to get my hopes up and find it’s completely different when I get there so I’d like to hear your honest opinions, thank you! I am also potentially interested in biological or biochemistry degrees, so if anyone has any comments about that, that would be helpful too! Thank you :smile:

And also, do people know about how lenient Cardiff is in terms of deferred entry? Should I apply for deferred entry directly or ask to defer if I get accepted? Thank you again!

Hi! About the deferral question - ask the uni directly 🙂 It is subject to whether you meet the entry requirements and whether there will be space, but the university has an online form where you can request a defferal.

Being a psychology student myself, I don't have any information about the chem or biosciences course other than the fact that the building for the chemistry building is absolutely stunning! I'm hoping a chemistry cardiff student catches this thread, but in the mean time, I recommend chatting to current biomed Cardiff students here. They might be able to give you some insight on what the course is like 🙂

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending