The Student Room Group

Can I qualify for home student fee?

okay I have been mad stressed about if I will be able to attend uni or not due to the high fees for an international student.
Details about me:
I came to the uk last august and will have completed 2 years of living by the time I have to start uni. However I have decided to defer an year as I have seen cases of ppl qualifying for home fees after 3 years but I dont know if this is true or not. I want to do undergrad medicine after i finish my a levels next year. And I plan on living in uk . I did not come to the uk for purposes of studying as my mom got a job offer here when I turned 15 so we moved here last year.
Can anyone tell me if unis will be willing to list me as a home student ( becuase my parents can DEFINITELY NOT AFFORD 42,000 POUNDS AN YEAR OF TUITION FOR 5 YEARS)???
Original post by kes1a__
okay I have been mad stressed about if I will be able to attend uni or not due to the high fees for an international student.
Details about me:
I came to the uk last august and will have completed 2 years of living by the time I have to start uni. However I have decided to defer an year as I have seen cases of ppl qualifying for home fees after 3 years but I dont know if this is true or not. I want to do undergrad medicine after i finish my a levels next year. And I plan on living in uk . I did not come to the uk for purposes of studying as my mom got a job offer here when I turned 15 so we moved here last year.
Can anyone tell me if unis will be willing to list me as a home student ( becuase my parents can DEFINITELY NOT AFFORD 42,000 POUNDS AN YEAR OF TUITION FOR 5 YEARS)???
Hi there, where did you live before the UK? What Status do you have in the UK? When exactly would you plan on doing the course? Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Original post by kes1a__
Details about me:
Hi there, where did you live before the UK? What Status do you have in the UK? When exactly would you plan on doing the course? Thanks, Ross

was in dubai before. I’m not sure about the status but definitely not settled or pre settled as that would require being a British citizen and having lived here for 5 year’s minimum. I plan to start uni in 2026 September( after 1 year defferal)
Original post by kes1a__
was in dubai before. I’m not sure about the status but definitely not settled or pre settled as that would require being a British citizen and having lived here for 5 year’s minimum. I plan to start uni in 2026 September( after 1 year defferal)
You would need to have a valid status in the UK to qualify for support. The support would depend on what status you have in the UK. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending