The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Help needed: University of Birmingham Students.

Hi,

I will be visiting the University of Birmingham on April 5th. Since I am traveling from the US and have very little time, I was wondering if any current Birmingham students would like to give me a short tour around the campus that evening since there are no tours available when I will be there.

Thanks!

-Olive
Reply 1
Hi!
Unfortunately thats a week into the easter holidays so most students will have gone home. However there is a guided tour going on at 2 pm on that day (http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/visit/campus-tours.aspx then look at the section called book a campus tour). If thats too early for you, you can just walk around campus yourself - the campus is open to the public and many of the bigger building will be open too. Here http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/Documents/students/visits/campus-tour-booklet.pdf is a booklet the university have produced for tours. There are lots of sign posts around campus too so you can find your way around. Te main buildings you'll probably want to look in are the guild of students (this is the students union, where many societies are based), around the aston webb building which is just by old Joe (the clock tower) and has the great hall which is quite pretty, university centre (this is the building above costa and has a few shops eg a gift shop, opticians, hairdressers, and the main cafeteria), you could go into the foyer of the library too and the librarians on the desk may be able to answer any questions.
What course are you thinking of studying? There's a chance the department's building will be open so you could have a look round it, but bear in mind many courses have their lectures spread across lots of the buildings on campus. We also have the barber institute on fine arts on campus (just by the guild of students) which is an art gallery and has a small concert hall as well.
Just so you know I havent read this all from the website, I'm a second year biology student. I probably won't check back to this thread very often as I have a few exams in the next fortnight but if you have questions I'll try and check back at least once!
Hope you enjoy your visit!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by PomPom
Hi!
Unfortunately thats a week into the easter holidays so most students will have gone home. However there is a guided tour going on at 2 pm on that day (http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/visit/campus-tours.aspx then look at the section called book a campus tour). If thats too early for you, you can just walk around campus yourself - the campus is open to the public and many of the bigger building will be open too. Here http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/Documents/students/visits/campus-tour-booklet.pdf is a booklet the university have produced for tours. There are lots of sign posts around campus too so you can find your way around. Te main buildings you'll probably want to look in are the guild of students (this is the students union, where many societies are based), around the aston webb building which is just by old Joe (the clock tower) and has the great hall which is quite pretty, university centre (this is the building above costa and has a few shops eg a gift shop, opticians, hairdressers, and the main cafeteria), you could go into the foyer of the library too and the librarians on the desk may be able to answer any questions.
What course are you thinking of studying? There's a chance the department's building will be open so you could have a look round it, but bear in mind many courses have their lectures spread across lots of the buildings on campus. We also have the barber institute on fine arts on campus (just by the guild of students) which is an art gallery and has a small concert hall as well.
Just so you know I havent read this all from the website, I'm a second year biology student. I probably won't check back to this thread very often as I have a few exams in the next fortnight but if you have questions I'll try and check back at least once!
Hope you enjoy your visit!

Alrighty, thanks! I actually talked to a few people. They took forever to respond but I got a tour!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending