The Student Room Group

2024 gap year med? application HELP. Apply with 2 actual + 1 predicted grades

I'm year 13 doing a level bio chem maths and I want to apply for med during my gap year. If I got As on Bio and Chem, but not so well on maths, can I either resit it, or do another A Level subject and apply with actual Bio chem grades and a predicted A level grade for another subject exam I would sit in 2024? My preferred universities are UoB, then Aston or Birmingham City uni. I'd like to stay in Birmingham
Original post by mo7ab16
I'm year 13 doing a level bio chem maths and I want to apply for med during my gap year. If I got As on Bio and Chem, but not so well on maths, can I either resit it, or do another A Level subject and apply with actual Bio chem grades and a predicted A level grade for another subject exam I would sit in 2024? My preferred universities are UoB, then Aston or Birmingham City uni. I'd like to stay in Birmingham

Hi @mo7ab16,

I’m a student at Birmingham City University and have had a look into the BCU entry requirements for you.

The typical entry requirements for BCU courses are 112 UCAS points for 2024/2025 entry (although please note this can vary per course and year of entry). You can calculate your UCAS points using the link below…
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

I would recommend waiting for your results first, to then decide whether you need to re-sit any subjects to increase your UCAS points, or to decide whether you want to choose a different A-Level.

If you’re still unsure, I would recommend getting in touch with the Enquiries Team using the contact form below, as they can offer more information about your situation…
https://www.bcu.ac.uk/about-us/contact-details/course-enquiries-form

Hope this helps, and good luck with your exams!
Emily
Student Ambassador at Birmingham City University
Reply 2
Original post by mo7ab16
i'm year 13 doing a level bio chem maths and i want to apply for med during my gap year. If i got as on bio and chem, but not so well on maths, can i either resit it, or do another a level subject and apply with actual bio chem grades and a predicted a level grade for another subject exam i would sit in 2024? My preferred universities are uob, then aston or birmingham city uni. I'd like to stay in birmingham

btw i don't mind doing pharmacy

Quick Reply

Latest