The Student Room Group

What was everyone's hardest IB course?

Hey, out of curiosity, I wanted to know what everyone's hardest course was

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
if by course you mean subject.. then I'd say visual arts HL:smile: it's just a huge workload...
2bh throughout the course i reflect now i didn't learn very much / anything. A lot of people talk on here about doing their coursework in a month, coursework takes me ages. but i would say that if id taken these exams about a month before i did i would have been lucky to pass, i was getting 20-30% in maths and physics HL exams. I think i did most of my learning very close to exams. On reflection i would probably have dumped business and management HL to SL and taken copm sci to HL, or taken anything to HL i can't stand business it just seems so pointless. Physics HL was hard but satisfying B & M was just gay.
Reply 3
Looking back, I have spent most time on maths HL. One word of advice for future candidates: do but DO opt for maths HL, as it is challenging and very rewarding. You will come out with competent skills in maths required for university. Seriously, as you cover more and more topics, things will start to become interrelated, and you will start to see the connections between each topic.
Honestly, if you want bang for the buck, maths HL will provide a both challenging but also rewarding course. It is true I spent a lot of time working, but you will not regret it afterwards. Even if you are doing sciences such as chemistry (even biology to be frank) maths is the solid fundament required for sucess.
i found math HL the hardest but only coz we had a horrible teacher who didn't cover a lot of the syllabus and left us hanging....otherwisde i agree with chrisjorg
Reply 5
Math HL. By far. It's also the homework I do first, the subject I think about the most, and the subject that I enjoy on a more regular basis than anything else. I feel like English should be harder, but that I have a bad teacher that makes things not so much hard as really tedious. World History tests are by FAR the hardest, though.
Reply 6
Math Hl!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maths HL
Physics because it was sleep inducing
Reply 8
Math HL...only because i didn't practice it much!
Reply 9
Physics HL and Psychology HL!
Physics was the hardest since it was so boring and had some really complicated concepts.
Psychology was the only intresting subject, but it was too much to read, probably I feel this way about psychology because our teacher sucked. (for us, psychology was like a self-taught subject)
Reply 10
Physics HL and Chemistry HL until I dropped it.
For those saying maths HL is it the exam or the course? what aspect specifically? Because i'm not excellent at maths, but i don't think, provided you got the right revision books, that the course for maths HL was that hard to understand. THere was far more to understand in theoretical subjecst such as physics HL. Even business HL there was far more for me to sit down and learn...
andy_cole2
For those saying maths HL is it the exam or the course? what aspect specifically? Because i'm not excellent at maths, but i don't think, provided you got the right revision books, that the course for maths HL was that hard to understand. THere was far more to understand in theoretical subjecst such as physics HL. Even business HL there was far more for me to sit down and learn...

Hard in that I don't like maths and I was forced to take HL (more or less) so I resented it so I did badly because I didn't like it...

Wasn't hard to understand, no, in class I'd understand the concept. It was just that I'd only be good at it if I practiced a lot and since I didn't like it, I wouldn't do a lot of work on it.

So it was that I found it hard to embrace the subject like I should.
looks like math HL wins hands down!
Reply 14
meh that's just because there aren't enough art takes on here:p:
Reply 15
Maths HL for the win.
Physics HL definitely. Math HL was a pleasure comparing to Physics, which doesn't mean that i did very well in maths. If I had to put my courses from hardest to easiest it would look as follows:
physics hl
math hl
polish sl
geography hl
chemistry sl
english hl
Reply 17
biology hl for me was the most difficult exam but id say during the 2 years i did the most work for history hl
Reply 18
apparently visual arts hl because i needed to do the 2-years course including 12 studio works and 400 pages of research workbook in, 3 months.. stupid mistake done by a stupid teacher.. *sigh*
Reply 19
I do horrible on any test where i have to write extensively (English, History, and German). What am i supposed to think if my friends say they failed and I wrote only half of what they did!!??? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending