The Student Room Group

IB Maths AA SL or AI HL?

Hi everyone! I’m currently a Y11 student, but will take IB in September and have to make my IB choices very soon. I’m unsure which maths to take for IB and would like to get some advice. I am planning to do business administration for university, I am quite average at maths but I can work hard and get on track (I did core maths for IGCSE). My school currently doesn’t offer AI HL but are planning on maybe using Pamoja. What would be best to do for business?
Reply 1
As someone who personally opted out of taking HL maths but has a lot of friends who do, I would definitely say check a few university courses and their entry requirements as that ultimately is the determining factor. I would say however that typically unis prefer HL AA maths rather than AI but again I'd say check university websites and go from there

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by damolaarin
As someone who personally opted out of taking HL maths but has a lot of friends who do, I would definitely say check a few university courses and their entry requirements as that ultimately is the determining factor. I would say however that typically unis prefer HL AA maths rather than AI but again I'd say check university websites and go from there

Good luck!

I checked the website of the university I want to apply to, they do not accept AI SL, but require a minimum of grade 5 for both AI HL and AA SL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending