The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i have got some typed notes for all the debates minus reductionism, however, you need office 2007. If you want them, PM me your email.
Reply 41
whats psychology as a science?!? dont remember covering that?!?!?
Reply 42
the debate about whether psychology is a science or not.

your school may not have taught it as you can get away with knowing only 3 of the 4 debates. personally im gonna try and learn all 4, but given time restraints i might settle with 3. i think (but not 100% so i may be wrong. could someone clarify this please:smile:) that it is likely that Psy as a science wont come up this year anyway as it has been on the paper the last two times.
hmmm i thought reductionism and nature nurture came up last year, and the combination of them both definetly therefore wont come up.
Psychology as a science will surely come up this time. Hasnt been up for the last 3 exams, but nature and nurture has been up the last 2 i think so i dont think that will come up again.

Psych as a science and reductionism is most likely to come up imo
or
Free will and Psychol as a science

*Bigforehead i wouldnt mind having a look at your notes, cus ive got none on this area. All i have is my text book.
Reply 45
yeah that was it, its nature nurture, not psych as a science that has come up the last 2 times. my bad.
I think I might risk just learning psych as a science and one other one, probably reductionism and then hope for the best! Only started my PYA4 revision today and still have PYA5 to do :eek:
Reply 47
BeesKnees thats not good lol. I started PYA5 revision today, but i think im okay for PYA4. Id be happy with a B tbh, an A would be amazing, and a C would suffice.
im glad that you can aim for such a high grade! im only lookin to get an D overall like i did last year, but knowing my luck, ill end up with an E or even a U!:eek:
danny_g
BeesKnees thats not good lol. I started PYA5 revision today, but i think im okay for PYA4. Id be happy with a B tbh, an A would be amazing, and a C would suffice.

I know, it really is awful! Not least of all because I can't seem to keep off of TSR for more than 10 minutes. For some reason i'm not even panicky at all and i'd normally be in freak out mode right about now but I just feel generally apathetic :s:. I'm going to make sure I go to bed early so i'm up at 6 to revise for the entire day tomorrow!
Reply 50
Beckifoxall
im glad that you can aim for such a high grade! im only lookin to get an D overall like i did last year, but knowing my luck, ill end up with an E or even a U!:eek:

i doubt that you'll get a U. tbh i think im crap at psychology, i really struggle, but my AS grade was a B, which i was pretty pleased with considering i didnt do that much revision. A2 is a different story however, im sure there is absolutly loads more to learn than there was in AS. ive been doing about 4 hours psychology revision a day for the last 2 weeks as well, and its still not sticking lol.
Reply 51
social control
nature/nurture
is psychology a science
nature/nurture has apparently come up in the last 3 exams and in jan it came up with free will and determinism therefore I don't think that combination will come up again this time to be honest so...

I'm only going to learn reductionism and psychology as a science and then cross my fingers.
im doing
freewill/determnism
reductionism
nature/nurture

we werent taught psych as a science which i regret now everyones saying its the easiest one!!!
nathann1066
im doing
freewill/determnism
reductionism
nature/nurture

we werent taught psych as a science which i regret now everyones saying its the easiest one!!!

:frown: it really is the easiest one and in the psychology dog book there's a sample essay there which has been scored 27/30 so I'm just gonna add some more to it and learn that instead of doing one allover again. Always take the lazy option :p: .
what exactly do you mean when u say u 'learn' essays? i dnt know how id EVER memorize an essay!!!(if thats what u mean by learn that is)
Yes, memorise an essay. I find that for essays like psychology as a science (and most essays in psychology infact) you can always have one generic essay that's pretty much applicable to any question they'll ask you about that topic. So i'll usually write an essay and spend 30 minutes learning it and let it just roll off the tip of my pen when i'm in the exam room, instead of wasting valuable time working out an essay structure. It works for me anyway.
Reply 57
BeesKnees
nature/nurture has apparently come up in the last 3 exams and in jan it came up with free will and determinism therefore I don't think that combination will come up again this time to be honest so...

I'm only going to learn reductionism and psychology as a science and then cross my fingers.

Are you 100% sure that it was nature/nurture and free will/determinism in jan 2007? I've been looking everywhere... and I found your post...just wanted to double check that you were 100% that they were the questions...as it would make revising soooooooo much easier....

x
Keel
Are you 100% sure that it was nature/nurture and free will/determinism in jan 2007? I've been looking everywhere... and I found your post...just wanted to double check that you were 100% that they were the questions...as it would make revising soooooooo much easier....

x

Yeah, look at the PYA5 predictions thread. Someone posted all the questions that have come up since 2002.
Can you buy this dog book from the shops?

I could do with looking at some sample essays to get an idea of what you need to get a good mark. And also to memorise it like you say above lol

Latest

Trending

Trending