The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Resit period...

I know resit period starts August 30th, how long does it usually last? I'm taking one exam then because I was ill last week and I'd like to know if I could expect it to probably be during the first week of September? I wanna go back to Germany after and there is no point if it's, say on the 19th or something, so I hope it'll be as early in September as possible. Anyone had any resits last year? When were they? Thanks!
That's technically a 1st sit not a resit! period is 28th aug till 5th Sept!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah, I know, but it's still in the resit period :p:
Those dates sound very good then!!! How'd you find out? I'm relieved now!
Btw, since it's technically a first sit, if I fail, would I get a resit in January?
Reply 3
You can't fail surely you have absoloutely forever to revise for it and it's probably not 100% of the module. It would be absoloutely ridiculous if you failed. xx
Reply 4
If you fail your first sit you will be able to take a resit.

When you would be able to take this resit would depend on when the original exam took place (e.g. semester one or semester two). Lets say the module you are 1st Sitting in August/Sept 2007 was taken in Semester Two this year - this would mean that a resit of the exam would be August/September 2008.

You have to remember as well, that if the module you a 1st sitting is a CORE module then you would have to pass that 1st sit before you can progress - as in pass your 1st sit if its a CORE because if you dont you will be twiddling your thumbs until Aug/Sept 2008 until you can resit it again. Then you would be able carry on with your degree in September 2008.

Kind of makes the 1st sit a must pass if its a core, otherwise you'd be wasting a year of study awaiting your resit.

HTH! :smile:
Reply 5
Yeah, that's exactly what I was wondering... But I doubt I'll actually fail because I only need 18% to pass the module. I'm jsut absolutely dreading it! But I'm sure it'll be ok somehow!
so... im going on a uni field trip which covers the entire resit period.. but i need to resit a module. :s ?
Reply 7
Talk to your tutor? xx

Latest

Trending

Trending