The Student Room Group

Final A-level results for UBC?

Hi!
So, I just got an offer from UBC and it just tells me to maintain my current academic standing. On the website, it says "Your final A-Level (or AS Level) grades have a combined drop of 2 letter grades or more. Your final grades in English or Math have fallen below a grade of B." What exactly do they mean by combined grade drop? And do they mean combined grade drop from my predicted or from my AS level grades? My AS grades are AAAB and my predicteds are A*A*AB and predicted A for AS level english. How much wiggle space do I have and what grades would I have to achieve to maintain my offer?
Thanks in advance.
Original post by Inkfigment
Hi!
So, I just got an offer from UBC and it just tells me to maintain my current academic standing. On the website, it says "Your final A-Level (or AS Level) grades have a combined drop of 2 letter grades or more. Your final grades in English or Math have fallen below a grade of B." What exactly do they mean by combined grade drop? And do they mean combined grade drop from my predicted or from my AS level grades? My AS grades are AAAB and my predicteds are A*A*AB and predicted A for AS level english. How much wiggle space do I have and what grades would I have to achieve to maintain my offer?
Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I can't say for definite what it means, so your best plan would be to email their admissions office to ask and they'll clear it up for you.

That section is talking about grade changes which may cause UBC to re-evaluate your application. To me, it sounds as though if your current academic standing is "AABB" and your final grades end up being two letter grades below this, e.g., "AACC", "BBBB", "ABBC", etc, then they may re-evaluate your application. This way they can make sure that students stay focused and maintain high grades. Definitely get in touch with UBC, though!

Hope this helps. :smile:

Scott
Undergraduate Rep
School of Engineering
Reply 2
Thank you! I'll make sure to send them a mail.
Reply 3
Thank you! I'll make sure to send them a mail.

Did they ever get back to you?
Reply 4
I think they said that things are looked at on a case-by-case basis.
Hi there, I also applied with A-Levels and my predicted grade was A*A*AAA, and I got A*AAAC, so three letter levels dropped. I forwarded my results to UBC on the 16th, but still have not got any reply yet, I am getting so concerned. How is yours going?
Reply 6
i=
Original post by Ericaaaazxy0830
Hi there, I also applied with A-Levels and my predicted grade was A*A*AAA, and I got A*AAAC, so three letter levels dropped. I forwarded my results to UBC on the 16th, but still have not got any reply yet, I am getting so concerned. How is yours going?

Hey, sorry to hear that! That must be really worrying. I'm a third year at UBC now, so not just starting haha. But I suggest that you give them a call ASAP so they can get to your case! I'm pretty sure you'll be fine though, your grades are still really good. Do message me if you need any help :smile:
i=

Hey, sorry to hear that! That must be really worrying. I'm a third year at UBC now, so not just starting haha. But I suggest that you give them a call ASAP so they can get to your case! I'm pretty sure you'll be fine though, your grades are still really good. Do message me if you need any help :smile:

Thank you for your reply! I still have not got any news yet, I will definitely ring them up tomorrow morning. Actually, I have emailed my ESP advisor but she did not reply even it is Monday XD
I’m predicted 38/39 points in IB, do you think I’ll be fine getting into UBC’s faculty of arts?
Reply 9
Original post by FinnMilbank
I’m predicted 38/39 points in IB, do you think I’ll be fine getting into UBC’s faculty of arts?

Yeah, pretty sure you'll get it in
Yeah, pretty sure you'll get it in

Thanks
I think that is how you keep the offer maybe.

Hi!
Thanks in advance.
Reply 12
Hi!
Thanks in advance.

Did you have to send your As-levels grades as your transcripts is it just possible if I could just my A-level predicted and IGCSE grade as I didnt do so well in AS going to resit and results come late.
Hi I've got an offer with the same;
"Your final A-Level (or AS Level) grades have a combined drop of 2 letter grades or more. Your final grades in English or Math have fallen below a grade of B"

And I have no idea what this means.
For context my AS results were AAAAA, I'm predicted A*A*A*A*A*.
However if things don't go according to plan I could drop down to A*A*A*AB

So basically I was wondering if any of you figured out how much wiggle room we get?¿ And whether they were fine with your drops.

Also does a drop for A* to A count as a letter grade drop as they're still the same letter grade?¿

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending